Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a peugot 406 hdi my battery light came on with the battery charging fault warning. i have check the battery which is fine put on a new alternator and had the voltage checked but i have still got the problem someone please help. :confused: :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have just had the same problem. I presume there is a fuse, but do not know which fuse it is. Looks like I am going to have to spend the £25 for a manual...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dont go spending money yet! Lets try a few things. Not charging is not generaly a fuse issue, usually it's a dead battery. However I've had the same issue with my 406, new battery connectors and cleaned the terminals job jobbed. Try that first, new battery connectors and cleaning the terminals, after that we will go a bit deaper into the frenchy electrics :D
Cheers
Kyle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same Problem

I'm a refugee from the Citroen camp. I've got an 03' plate Berlingo 2.0 HDi with exactly the same symptoms/problem....Help! Checked the small wire on the alternator and nothing there with ignition on. Engine starts and charge light goes out straight away. With the engine running if I connect 12 volts into the small wire the alternator excites and genorates fine so I think its not the alternator at fault??? I hope it's not 'cos it's the 150 amp one and they aint cheap. I haven't got a wiring diagram so I don't know where the small wire goes back too. All fuses are ok. I hope you can help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Some Progress

Still not traced the wire back but the thing is charging with the small wire attached to a switched feed in the underbonnet fuse box on the right. :nod: Waiting for wiring diagram still - ordered a Haynes book which i'm hoping will have the info I need. I tried a BSI reset just in case the feed was from that but it didn't make any difference. :(

From looking round the various forums this seems a 'common' fault with no definative answer - lots of new alternators purchased without them being faulty I suspect?!:nono:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi just wondering what the outcome was of the charging problem as I currently have the same problem! With regards to the small wire at the alternator, there is only one (a red one) on mine but looks as though the plug is intended for two wires? Just a thought. Want to try all possibilities before forking out for new alternator. I have a 207 1.4 sport. Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts