Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all hoping to pick your brains and expertise. I have just bought a 307 x line 2007 it has as far as I can see a rd45 radio with type a display unit. the issue is I need Bluetooth for work as I am a community care worker. as far as I can see the type a display unit doesn't support Bluetooth but the type c does and as I understand both work with the rd45. can I just swap them or is it more technical or is there another way. hope you guys can help x

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

Are you sure you have the RD45 and not the RD4 as they do look a like?

Best thing to do is remove the radio and check the model number.

If you swap the display you will need to update the BSI via Diagbox.

A member of the forum local might have diagbox so you wouldn't have to pay dealer prices to get it updated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had it out today and it's the rd4. can I upgrade it or can I use Bluetooth on that with a box. I want a pug radio but need Bluetooth. I have put my pioneer radio in for now and still got the trip computer so am quite impressed. I am going to invest in a pp2000 as my partner is a mechanic and my brother in law and father in law both have pugs so would be useful. unfortunately he doesn't know much about pug radio systems. he knows bits but his expertise is high end cars like jabs and porches.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've just upgraded mine from a RD4 to RD45 in my DS3.

You can get them new cheap from China but you'll need the type C screen to get the most from it and the mic with cables.

I would say it would be easier to install the RD45 then get the Bluetooth box for the RD4

When you buy PP2k make sure you buy the full chipset version to future proof.

I bought a poor quality version back in 2011 but it served me well on my 306 but it wouldn't recode my RD45 to my DS3.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you I'll bear all that in mind and let my partner find a pp2k he knows what he's looking for andwill be the one using it

·
Registered
14,266 Posts
Front of RD4 and RD45 look similar but they are not the same they can be swapped as stated above and is the best option for bluetooth but it will need coded to the car with planet and the correct display.

Separate bluetooth box can be fitted wth RD4 but it would need activated with planet anyway so RD45 is easier

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
brilliant thank you I will look into getting a rd45 and a type c display. my pioneer radio is ok for the time being but ideally want a pug stereo def getting a pp2k too at some point x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts