Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to change the brake switch on my 407 (2.0hdi)

I was experiencing the ESP fault when braking with the cruise control on.

I've sourced a new switch and I hope to fit it this weekend.

Anyone fitted one of these and can give me any pointers before I go crawling in to the foot well on my back :)

Cheers

Ben

J

·
0 Posts
Should only take 10 mins.... think they just screw in, or turn 1/4 turn and put in

·
Registered
821 Posts
The green one is what you need. rotate it some 1/4 like jmkent said i think in ccw direction. while there, see if you have that one free plug to the right of it like i do. im very curious about what its supposed to do, :)

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spot on, Battestar.

My new switch looks indentical to yours.

I'll check to see if I have that plug free :)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Hm did a bit of digging myself and that would appear to be the plug for extra switch on gas pedal for speed limiter. :)

J

·
0 Posts
So us who drive on the proper side then won't have that extra switch near the brake switch :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IMG_0957.jpg

Changed it earlier, soon realised that stupid Peugeot had fitted a brake bar across to the passenger side which is where i found the swtich :lol:

Didn't see the plug you mentioned, but I took a picture anyway. My setup looks a lot diffrerent to yours?!

Regardless, an easy fix :thumb:

·
Registered
821 Posts
ah yeah thats due to whole left side/right side drive. i would guess that plug is next to throttle pedal for you. ;) tnx anyway. im pretty sure thats additional plug for the throttle pedal with limiter switch so mystery solved. :p

·
Registered
115 Posts
had this done at dealers last year, as I didnt know what was causing the ESP/ASR fault.
Had the tyre pressure sensors turned off and DPF fluid topped up and didnt cost much for them to do it while it was there.
I thought it may have been the brake switch, as at night I could see the high level brake light flickering in the rear view mirror.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts