Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, am I right in thinking this is a Bosch fuel filter?

If so, how the hell do I get the filter out? I've gripped the thing with 2 hands and twisted anticlockwise but it will not budge. Am I doing something wrong?

I was going to try my oil filter chain on it but don't want to snap anything.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Take the 3 fuel lines off the filter and the sensor plug. Every time I have changed it i have clamped it gently in my vice and used a rubber strap wrench which i made from an old auxiliary belt. I will be tight but it will come off just be gentle with it. A fair bit of diesel will come out of the filter when you've opened it so have plenty of rag handy:thumb:

Once you've put the new filter in with a new seal that should come with the filter then re connect all the lines and sensor plug. The fuel pipes can be a bit of pain to get back. Make sure they are square the filter and give them a squeeze. Once the filters back on the car turn they ignition on and off a few times to get the filter full of fuel then start her up. The you'll only have the cleanest burnout juice going in ;)

G

·
0 Posts
No, it is a Siemens filter housing which uses a Mahle filter.

The Bosch has only two pipes on top.

You did the right thing not to attempt to undo it with anything heavy duty as these filter bowls are prone to cracking.

If possible, undo the top 3 pipes by pressing the coloured tab and sliding them off ( some diesel will come out so try to keep them elevated ) and then removing the filter housing completely - its only 2 x 10mm bolts.

When its off the car you can put it in a vice, if you can access one, to hold the bowl while you undo the top.

As Haynes says, refitting is the reversal of this procedure....:thumb:

Looks like I was beaten to the reply - maybe I should type faster....

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Looks a lot like the filter on my Siemens fuel system.

You'll never shift it with your hands. I can't undo mine with an oil filter wrench.

I get a length of timber or a large flat bladed screwdriver against the ridges in the collar and gently tap it anti-clockwise. When refitting I have to tap it to get it fully tightened. A long way from being a good design. I've never had to resort to removing the whole thing and clamping it in a vice has the risk of crushing the body and cracking it. Just gently tap and don't be tempted to give it a heavy hit or you'll break the locking ring.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah I'll try the screwdriver and hammer first then.

Bloody hell! So it's defiantly a Siemens version? I Bought a Bosch.

I'm sure I read on here that they never fitted a Siemens one into a 110 model!

G

·
0 Posts
Most motor factors will let you buy both and return the one you don't need..:nod:

Its the same filter as all my previous 406s - all Siemens/Mahle ( don't let the Bosch on the fuel pipes in the background fool you.. )

I guess I could be wrong, but its only July.....:lol:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats a bosch filter. a siemens only has 2 pipes

i use a oil filter wrench on mine
Oh dear, I hate conflicting answers lol.

I guess I'm gonna have to take out the filter before driving down to ecp to swap it for a Siemens.

P

·
0 Posts
Looks same as mine (siemens) check servicebox and it will tell you for sure if you haven't got it out. First time i took mine off we had to use bit of wood and a screwdriver. Since then i can get it off by hand eventually.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks same as mine (siemens) check servicebox and it will tell you for sure if you haven't got it out. First time i took mine off we had to use bit of wood and a screwdriver. Since then i can get it off by hand eventually.
Well I went to euro and swapped it for the Siemens one because I took it apart and found it wasn't a Bosch.

However the new filter came with 2 red plastic things rather than big rubber o rings that were on the ends of the original once and I can't seem to find anywhere to put them. The filter fits in fine without them..

P

·
0 Posts
Well I went to euro and swapped it for the Siemens one because I took it apart and found it wasn't a Bosch.

However the new filter came with 2 red plastic things rather than big rubber o rings that were on the ends of the original once and I can't seem to find anywhere to put them. The filter fits in fine without them..
The rubber thing goes around edge of the bowl, you have to take the old one out first. The red plastic things i think for when you take the fuel pipes off the top to stop leaks.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The rubber thing goes around edge of the bowl, you have to take the old one out first. The red plastic things i think for when you take the fuel pipes off the top to stop leaks.
Yeah I changed the big o ring that goes around the edge of the bowl I was just surprised that the new filter didn't have any rubber o rings at the top and bottom like the one I took out did, it clicked onto the top piece firmly though so I guess itl be OK..

Ah wondered what them red things were lol

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
just let us know what the one you took out looked like and we can tell you

there is some bosch cars with siemens filters fitted just to confuse further

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
just let us know what the one you took out looked like and we can tell you

there is some bosch cars with siemens filters fitted just to confuse further

The one that came out looked like a normal fuel filter with a small hole top and bottom with a small rubber washer top and bottom.

The boshe fitting one I originally bought had a funny shape cut out on the bottom with a seal round it.

The Siemens one I replaced it with had a small hole top and bottom but didn't come with any seals other than the big one to seal the lid, just came with a few red plastic bits. I am a little concerned because it did click into the lid OK but surely there should be a seal between the lid and the filter?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The one that came out looked like a normal fuel filter with a small hole top and bottom with a small rubber washer top and bottom.

The boshe fitting one I originally bought had a funny shape cut out on the bottom with a seal round it.

The Siemens one I replaced it with had a small hole top and bottom but didn't come with any seals other than the big one to seal the lid, just came with a few red plastic bits. I am a little concerned because it did click into the lid OK but surely there should be a seal between the lid and the filter?
This is the one I now have, which is a Siemens type. Can somebody just confirm that there doesn't need to be a rubber seal at the top and bottom of the filter. Just the large one which goes on top of the tub

Crosland Peugeot | Euro Car Parts UK’s No.1 Car Parts Retailer

1 - 20 of 22 Posts