Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just tried to change the battery on my 308 SS, and now it doesn't charge from the alternator.

Checked with Diagbox and no faults reported, including the voltage control unit.

There is an option to change the battery, but it won't let you use that option without entering a test code from a Midtronics battery tester - unless you don't have a Midtronics tester. So you click on I don't have one, and all it will let you do is a manual battery test, still asking for the midtronics stuff. Eventually it goes into the battery test which takes 15 minutes, then asks for a voltage reading. Had to stop then as it's dark out there and I didnt have my voltmeter handy.

Just go round in circles.

Currently got a 3 year old car I can't use.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well a bit more.

Ignore Diagbox, it won't help, but I did have to erase a lot of errors.

Having done a few runs, it seems the system slowly learns. First run, SS worked but voltage varied from 12.3v (alternator producing nothing) up to 15.0v. Trying to find some logic, I discovered it went up to 15v whenever I took my foot off and coasted.

Couple of longer runs and towards the end of each SS stopped working for some reason, but voltage slowly stabilising around 14.2 - 14.8v.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts