Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
This is my first post.
I have a Peugeot 206, 2005 model. The problem is this ... My cd player (Clarion ) isn't working as it should do. I would like to replace it with a better one, but i am a little concerned. If i go ahead and change it, bypassing my local Hawkins dealer, will the illuminated display unit still work ? It is built into the dashboard, displaying the time, temperature outside, and radio stations etc. If it means asking my local dealers to do this... then that is fine, as I don't want to lose this function. But really i would prefer my hubby to do this, as it would be the cheaper option.
Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.:)

G

·
The display won't show any functions relating to the stereo (track, station etc) but will still display outside temp etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chopper1192 said:
The display won't show any functions relating to the stereo (track, station etc) but will still display outside temp etc.
I take it ... that it should still display Miles to the gallon etc too? :)

G

·
Yup, should do.

I'm not overly familiar with the later 206s, so make double sure that your headunit doesn't also contain the controls for setting up the trip computer etc, or you'll be stuck once you've lost them. If all the controls and menus are just for the Cd player/radio, then go for it.

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
clrkrodriguez said:
CD player will be many different types thus it is mostly used in a car thus many people will be changed a CD player sometime for many reason like create a problem in it ,they want to latest CD player etc. Toyota CD player has not a best sound quality of a CD player and it would be a many costly .
Spam by any other name, bugger off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts