Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I was wondering what is the process of changing a engine in a 2000 1.9 straight diesel to a 1.9turbo diesel. Is it possible and what all do I need to change for the engine to run right. Hope someone can help me. Thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
not an expert but I would of thought you would need to change the ecu and the bsi. probably the exhaust and ducting for the intercooler.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not an expert but I would of thought you would need to change the ecu and the bsi. probably the exhaust and ducting for the intercooler.
What's the bsi. I'm just wondering is it worth the doin and what all needs changed. I no the turbo engine has a lot more power and I didn just wanna put a straight 1.9 back in. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
95 Posts
its the computer that controls most things on the car like wipers lights etc but its paired with the ECU. if you can buy an engine with all the parts like the intercooler and all its pipes and ducting plus the ecu and bsi plus you would also need the keys ignition barrel petrol cap and locks from the the same car as the ecu and bsi so the car starts. I know the air intake pipes are different.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So my best bet would be to buy a 306 that someone is breaking complete. I would bother only the bodywork on mine is immaculate. Thanks for your help m8

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
You have neglected to give us the car info you want to do it too it can be done on older cars easily but newer cars it gets complicated due to ecus 1.9td cars do not have ecus but gearbox will be needed too as clutches work differently etc etc

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You have neglected to give us the car info you want to do it too it can be done on older cars easily but newer cars it gets complicated due to ecus 1.9td cars do not have ecus but gearbox will be needed too as clutches work differently etc etc
Hi sorry all I no is that it's a 1999 1.9 306 straight diesel. I have to lift the car this week from the wife's uncle so I will no more then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts