Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need something long and the thinner the better.
Basically, all it is, is a semi-circular bit of sprung steel that is on the bottom rear of the unit. There are two lugs, one each side, that the springs lock behind to stop it coming out.
You need something slim and strong to s slide up the lugs and compress the spring upwards and then slide the cluster out.
BE CAREFUL as the clear cover is very easy to break,

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I changed the dials since I started this post, as they looked plain and boring.
I think they look much better now. Just need to repair the tacho drive so I can push it into place properly.
Gauge Speedometer Vehicle Car Tachometer

Land vehicle Vehicle Car City car Steering wheel

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Speedometer Gauge

·
Registered
70 Posts
I changed the dials since I started this post, as they looked plain and boring.
I think they look much better now. Just need to repair the tacho drive so I can push it into place properly.
View attachment 47137

View attachment 47145

View attachment 47153

Those definitely look better and thanks for the info, i have some thin mobile phone screwdrivers which should do the trick, did you do the rest of the dash and window switches? if so how easy is this to do? Just got the car the weekend, but have done a full upgrade on my zafira so thought i would do the same on this.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Only done the clocks and the central display.
Heating/ventilation controls can't be done, unless someone has come up with something in the last few weeks.
You do know that the LEDs for the instruments are tiny tiny things right? Way beyond my soldering skill levels, so I took it to a local PC shop that happen to do micro soldering. They use heated air rather than a hot tip for the soldering work.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Only done the clocks and the central display.
Heating/ventilation controls can't be done, unless someone has come up with something in the last few weeks.
You do know that the LEDs for the instruments are tiny tiny things right? Way beyond my soldering skill levels, so I took it to a local PC shop that happen to do micro soldering. They use heated air rather than a hot tip for the soldering work.
This is the colour effect i was after.

http://moman.pl/eu/peugeot-307,194,248.html

I was looking at some moman plasma dials, they're a bit pricey but give a nice look and a deep colour which i'm after. I soldered smd's into my zafira steering wheels controls, a little fiddly, but if you have a pair of tweezers to hold them in place while you solder it makes them real easy.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That looks smart, but not a look you will be able to replicate I don't think.

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sod that lol. I am doing mine on pence, not pounds :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts