Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was getting a knocking from the front end at lower speeds, changing the drop links on my Citroen resolved this so I thought it would be the same for my '05 206 1.1.

Unfortunately not, if anything the knocking seems to have gotten worse. I'm wondering of the cheapo drop links I got from eBay are shite or could it possibly be the ARB bushes? I did have a quick look and they look quite perished. Can these cause knocking at slower speeds and rougher surfaces.

Nothing can be heard once you get above 20mph, yuo have to be going slow to hear it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
3,760 Posts
hi...yep anti roll bar bushes can cause a knocking sound as can top strut mounts bearings.....hope that helps their is nothing worse that a knocking sound..good luck

·
Registered
25 Posts
Have you had a look at your wishbone I. Had a knocking noise on front lower end changed drop links arb bushes but in bed changed wishbone and no more knocking noise

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
i have had a look at the wishbone, had a pry bar in there trying to get things to knock but I can't find anything knocking, I can only hear it while driving, definitely sounds more like the passenger side though.

Whats it like changing a wishbone? All I have are the usual axle stands and socket set. I'm competent with discs, pads, drop links etc and I have the confidence. Just wondering if I need any special tools?

Thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found a YouTube video for the wishbones, looks pretty straight forward so I might give it a go.

Are there any certain makes people recommend for the wishbones? Wheres the cheapest place to get them?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Euro Car Parts or GSF are probably the cheapest, GSF is my preference, and they do half price sales every weekend.

The ball joint to the hub may be a bugger to get off, depending on what type. Loads of WD40 or PlusGas always comes in handy, I always soak everything in PlusGas the day before I plan to work on the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts