Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, we had a little issue changing the ball joints which means we have to re-fill the gearbox oil. I have already read around that you have to remove the air filter, battery and battery tray.

I wasn't there at the time but my brother in-law said that the tray had about 8 bolts and he was unsure as to whether they were holding anything up so didn't remove any of them.

Does anyone know how many bolts there are, whether the bolts are purely to hold the tray in place and not supporting the actual gearbox? Any help much appreciated or diagrams even better.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Is that to fill gearbox oil up ?

Its usually a bolt at end of 5th gear casing 19mm or 21mm bolt remove it and fill with gear oil until drips out.
That is for a manual BE4 type or Ma type gearbox that is...!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that to fill gearbox oil up ?

Its usually a bolt at end of 5th gear casing 19mm or 21mm bolt remove it and fill with gear oil until drips out.
That is for a manual BE4 type or Ma type gearbox that is...!
Yes, to fill it up mate, the rest of what you said was Spanish to me as I'm about as mechanically minded as a budgie

D

·
0 Posts
Fill 2litres of 75w80 gearoil into the gearbox breather on top of the gearbox. Obviously after draining out the old stuff first! :thumb:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fill 2litres of 75w80 gearoil into the gearbox breather on top of the gearbox. Obviously after draining out the old stuff first! :thumb:
I need to know how to get to the filler first mate, I dont want to undo a load of bolts on the battery tray and something fall of underneath lol. On the battery tray, there isn't any bolts that shouldn't be removed is there and does 8 bolts sound about right (facelift 307)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts