Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi does anyone know roughly what the Labour time is to change the exhaust manifold gasket on a 2008 207 1.4 vti. Cat and manifold are all one piece if this matters. Thanks

·
Registered
911 Posts
The gasket and a big heat shield are all in one,so the manifold/cat will have to be removed.
Its no big deal so I reckon an experienced Peugeot mechanic would charge one hour labour?

Why do you want it replaced?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Old pug,

I had a blow from the front and was told by 2 different garages that my catalytic converter needed replacing at a cost of £400/£600. Decided to buy a second hand cat and heat shield and do it myself. When I got the cat off it was blowing from one side of the gasket and the cat was fine. Anyway i changed the cat and instead of buying a new gasket i cleaned up the second hand one (came with the heatshield) and fitted that. Blow was still there!

This all took about 6 hours lol but i can see how it's an hour's job for someone who knows what they are doing as you say. So I got a gasket for £14 from Euro car parts today and will pay someone else to do it. Hopefully will sort it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Next 3 quotes

1. Backstreet garage - £30/40

2. Peugeot spares centre - £110 (2.75 hours labour according to guidebook)

3. Formula one (just for a laugh) - £145 plus vat (2.5 hours labour)

I don't get mechanics.

·
Registered
870 Posts
not removed the vti manifold but would guess a 1/2 inch universal joint would be handy, its breaking the studs you have to watch, hot engine best, wear gloves.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts