Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I have been roped into doing some more work on my mothers 406 HDi.

Ever since she had the car the remote central locking hasn't worked. I have read many threads on this and tried a number of solutions to no avail.

I have now purchased a replacement aftermarket keyless entry kit from ebay because she is also starting to have trouble with the locks on the car. I figured this would be the easiest and cheapest solution, £10 from ebay or £xxx for new locks, new keyfob or whatever else would need replacing!!

Has anyone fitted one of these type of CL kits to a 406. Its a 2002 model if that helps. If so I would appreciate a few pointers such as location of the CL module on the car, wiring etc. I fitted one to my toyota without any problems but I don't know peugeots that well.

The unit I bought from ebay is this one:

New Universal Car Remote Control Central Door Lock Locking Keyless Entry System | eBay

Hopefully it will be suitable and solve the problem.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Well, on your head be it as they say!
knowing how Peugeot's and their electrics can be pretty temperamental I for one would not fit an after market kit at that price on the car.

I take it that it will use the existing solenoids/locking mechanisms?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, on your head be it as they say!
knowing how Peugeot's and their electrics can be pretty temperamental I for one would not fit an after market kit at that price on the car.

I take it that it will use the existing solenoids/locking mechanisms?
Correct. I understand that peugeots electrics are not the best in the world (to say the least) but whats the worst that could happen, if it doesn't work so be it. If it causes more problems I can just remove the unit, its simply a case of splicing into the existing wiring.

Works perfectly on my toyota although the electrics are way better on them. I have read about people fitting £20-£30 kits to peugeots and they work fine. If it works I'll post back here and let everyone know there is a cheap solution.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts