Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

for the past few days, I have been expericing a problem with my central locking..

when I unlock the car, all doors unlock except for the drivers door. The fault is intermitent and does not happen all the time.. also I have noticed that soon after I have unlocked the car, it locks itself automatically (within seconds)..

any suggestions guys,, please please help..

moose bigman where are you ?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Scotcruz said:
hi guys,

for the past few days, I have been expericing a problem with my central locking..

when I unlock the car, all doors unlock except for the drivers door. The fault is intermitent and does not happen all the time.. also I have noticed that soon after I have unlocked the car, it locks itself automatically (within seconds)..

any suggestions guys,, please please help..

moose bigman where are you ?

Check the lock barrel on your drivers door,look for corrosion or obvious signs of wear,a good blast with wd40 where you put the key sometimes help,also check where the wires enter the door,they should be in a black plastic/rubber cover,look and see if they are being damaged by the door opening and closing.the other problem is the central locking 'bouncing' could be multiple reasons for this, this is a fault with either the central locking latch switches or wiring. Trying to find the faulty latch or break in the wire is painstaking and tedious. Typically all these switches are connected in series, so any one single faulty switch will trigger the auto-unlock feature. An auto electrician would be the man to see.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thought on one sunny day, I would check but fingers crossed, I havent had any problem.. its working fine now..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts