Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im new to the forum and i have a problem with my 08 plate 307 estate

the battery on my keyfob went flat so i changed it and now the central locking will only lock with the keyfob if it is in or by the ignition barrel
any ideas ???????
thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Have you re-synched the fob ?

1. Turn the Ignition switch to the ON position using the first key.
2. Press the LOCK button for 10 seconds.
3. Remove the key and wait for 10 seconds.
4. Check the Plip key operation.
5. Repeat for second Plip key if required.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you re-synched the fob ?

1. Turn the Ignition switch to the ON position using the first key.
2. Press the LOCK button for 10 seconds.
3. Remove the key and wait for 10 seconds.
4. Check the Plip key operation.
5. Repeat for second Plip key if required.

ive tryed that but it will still only lock or unlock if it is by the ignition barrel

·
Registered
60 Posts
i had the same problem before
the problem with the fob key design , i suffered from this for 6 month and i thought that may key is broken , if ur key work inside the ignition when it is off and it can lock and unlock the problem is with the cover of ur key , when u changed ur batter the conections are not ok because battery are at one side and the chip is the other side , u want it to work when u push lock or unlock just push with ur finger under the key blade and it will work
u can just change the cover
i hope this will solve ur problem

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i had the same problem before
the problem with the fob key design , i suffered from this for 6 month and i thought that may key is broken , if ur key work inside the ignition when it is off and it can lock and unlock the problem is with the cover of ur key , when u changed ur batter the conections are not ok because battery are at one side and the chip is the other side , u want it to work when u push lock or unlock just push with ur finger under the key blade and it will work
u can just change the cover
i hope this will solve ur problem

hi thanks for the reply
i have reprogrammed the key but if its further than an inch from the ignition barrell the remote locking wont work
this is the type of key i have

http://www.ecutool.com/proimg/Transponder Key PEUGEOT-307RM_3522030_b.jpg

where abouts is the receiver in the car for the remote locking as i think it could be that as the car went in the garage for the mot and come out without the remote working after a bit of work was done on it ( suspension spring )

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
hi thanks for the reply
i have reprogrammed the key but if its further than an inch from the ignition barrell the remote locking wont work
this is the type of key i have

http://www.ecutool.com/proimg/Transponder Key PEUGEOT-307RM_3522030_b.jpg

where abouts is the receiver in the car for the remote locking as i think it could be that as the car went in the garage for the mot and come out without the remote working after a bit of work was done on it ( suspension spring )
did the garage remove the battery

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
hi im new to the forum and i have a problem with my 08 plate 307 estate

the battery on my keyfob went flat so i changed it and now the central locking will only lock with the keyfob if it is in or by the ignition barrel
any ideas ???????
thanks in advance
Make sure you use a good quality battery, Duracell or similar. Cheap batteries such as found on eBay for example aren't powerful enough.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Make sure you use a good quality battery, Duracell or similar. Cheap batteries such as found on eBay for example aren't powerful enough.

i brought a mr1620 battery from maplins and even with the new one it still does the same

·
Registered
60 Posts
Trust me it is key cover only
Just by a new key cover it is 2 dollar only and put ur electronic chip inside ,u can change the keyblad or make a clone , then synce it again
Iam 100 sure because i had exactly the same problem

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks
il try that as one of the other blokes at work has got the same type of car so il try his one

·
Registered
4 Posts
Remote central locking problem

Hi did you get anywhere with this ? I have a very similar problem, I can only get the remote to work in one particular spot nearly touching the middle of the outside top edge of the drivers door. Dan

·
Registered
4 Posts
I thought in the two years since this had been posted they might have found the fix for the problem, its worth asking isn't it. Thanks for your help daedric

1 - 20 of 23 Posts