Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I have an issue with the central locking on my 58 plate Peugeot 207 that I'm hopeful someone can help with.

Currently, if I use the key to lock/unlock the drivers side door then it only unlocks/locks the drivers side door. If I use the key to unlock/lock the passenger side door then it unlocks/unlocks the whole car.

I don't have a button on my key, just a standard key. Can anyone help?

I want it so I don't have to walk round to the passenger side door every time I lock the car.

TIA

·
Registered
635 Posts
Currently, if I use the key to lock/unlock the drivers side door then it only unlocks/locks the drivers side door. If I use the key to unlock/lock the passenger side door then it unlocks/unlocks the whole car.
I found the same happened with my 307 occasionally. The locking system is designed to allow access to the car even if the battery is flat. The key operates the actual lock as well as a switch in the door lock mechanism. I think this switch is faulty but I suspect you need to change the whole mechanism to fix it.

Alternatively it might be worth getting remote entry key. You need you car PIN for this. Some locksmiths can supply supply the key and also retrieve the PIN and of course a Peugeot dealer can do this as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having a similar kind of issue, I have searched all over the internet and even have posted on number of threads on different forum, no solution seems to work. I am really frustrated, can anyone of you here help me resolve this issue, I am very much tired now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts