Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2003 307 1.4.

The central locking works with the using the key in the door only, the battery in the fob has been changed to a genuine one but still nothing. Any idea's on how to fix this?

Also the horn no longer works, fuse has been checked and reads fine on multi meter but still no horn. - Any idea's on this also?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

S'

S

·
0 Posts
Some forum searching will benefit you greatly, if you come back and still haven't found a fix for the horn then I suggest searching again!

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Hi,

I have a 2003 307 1.4.

The central locking works with the using the key in the door only, the battery in the fob has been changed to a genuine one but still nothing. Any idea's on how to fix this?

Also the horn no longer works, fuse has been checked and reads fine on multi meter but still no horn. - Any idea's on this also?

Cheers

S'
have you tried re-synching key if not have a search for the method on how to do that

for the horn put a cable tie round the bottom left corner of the comms unit

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hi,

I have a 2003 307 1.4.

Cheers

S'
You will find the issue regarding the horn is commonplace on 307's and there are countless threads about it.

A connector is the cause inside an alloy housing. A simple clean does the trick. As Stubbo says search first!!!

Regarding the key, a simple re-sync should be tried first.

Part 1
Lift Bonnet and prop up, open drivers window and leave open
Put Key in ignition and turn on ignition.
Turn off ignition and take key out whilst outside (through open drivers window)
Wait until mileage display goes out - Wait another 2 minutes
Disconnect positive on main battery (Bonnet is open!)
Wait 5 minutes
Re-connect main battery (Leave bonnet up)
Turn sidelights on then off from outside of car through drivers window that had been left open. Do not open door.

Part 2
Put key in ignition and turn ignition on, press lock button for 20 secs
Turn ignition off and remove key
Remote lock and remote alarm now work

1 - 4 of 4 Posts