Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys.

just had a search on here and came back with nothing, since this morning my car has decided it wont lock it self, it was fine when i came out the house this morning opened normally with the key (remote fob hasnt worked for a while) on my way to work on the m25 the airbag lights came on both for the passenge and the other light, got to work went to lock it and only the drivers door locks.

turned car on again and the airbag light are gone.

tried the button inside and i can hear the relay working but no action on the doors, when i lock the car with the key the drivers door locks and the lights flash as normal but the other doors dont lock.

tried a quick bsi reset and that did nothing.

i will plug it in later on today and see if any errors come up but in the mean time....

any ideas????

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I feared as much. Its just weird because it never even failed before, like normally bad contacts will have the intermitent issues... with this weather taking it apart should be fun!

Actually come to thing of it. I gave the inside of the windscreen a very thorough clean the other day, and after that there was a hell of a lot of condensation on it. It was weird!

So first port of call taking the driver door apart to check worong etc????

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not gonna be able to plug her in today! And im worried about not being able to lock the car! Is there a way to lock door by door???

I have checked some fuses relating to door and central locking but they were all fine.

Put a new battery on the remote and it lock the driver side and the lights flash and the horn toots but doesnt lock the rest...

Is the central locking on this cars similar to that off the 306??? Could the pin ( i say pin, more like the bent metal rod) from the lock drop and thereby not activating the central locking mechanism???

·
Registered
240 Posts
finally got my remote working today...after a year of it not working...
put a new battery in but this time i had a sealey remote tester(ebay £20)-tests the radio frequency output is working (or infra red ones) and i noticed that i tried the buttons and could see it working...but a few seconds later it was still flashing again....(not having the tester before i hadn't seen it doing this obviously..)
i took the case apart and it stopped so i thoughti t might be the case squashing the buttons etc -no it did it out of the case too.....my brother cleaned the board wit ha soft brush and it stopped doing it !?! so i can only guess some contaminant was tracking across the circuit somhow?!...
as i say i could now tell there was a good indication of the radio output now so i was sure it was doing as it should ...did the #20 sec with ign on lock button +5 sec repeat and lock the door with the key# and low and behold it now opens with the remote!!!!RESULT!!!
so if your having bother with either the battery not lasting long or remote playing up i'd clean the board first(soft paint brush/obviously be sensible and careful!!) after putting in a fresh battery....who'd of known it eh??!??:thumb::D:D:thumb:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well managed to get palnet test done yesterday there was lots of errors in bsi, something about positive short circuit! cleared them all, and took the driver door apart, nothing obvious there, wiring all looks good, hopefully tomorrow i can do the rest and have a proper thorough look at all wiring. so far the car has slept unlocked 2 night! and im not sleeping a lot!

any recommendations on the next step?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys could a dodgy lock be the cause of all my troubles?? I have just stripped the doors and looked at all the wiring and it seems fine, no corrosion on the plugs or anything like that. Reset bsi again, had it on planet and nothing....

When activated i can hear the relay clicking but it sounds like when u try and lock the car and one of the doors is not properly closed.

when closing with the key it locks the dtiver side and boot but not the rest.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still no joy guys...

Have checked wiring, and fuses.... nothing comes up on planet.

Would it come up if it was the bsi????

Now it locks the driver side, boot, and rear passenger side, but it wont lock rear drivers sire or front passengers side...

Any ideas???

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very possible. How many operations has it done without any maintenance over the years? I can't imagine parts will operate forever without wearing out or the lubrication inside lasting.
im only thinking this beacuse i can hear the relay clicking.

·
Registered
29 Posts
What did you do regarding the reset. Ma fob has decided to stop working replaced battery but still no joy. Have another fob but unfortunately i forgot to give peugeot it when ma car got a recall for software update years ago.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What did you do regarding the reset. Ma fob has decided to stop working replaced battery but still no joy. Have another fob but unfortunately i forgot to give peugeot it when ma car got a recall for software update years ago.

To reset the fob (standard key not flip up key) put key in ignitio turn to position 2 and press and hold the lock button for 10 seconds take key out wait a few seconds and try locking/unlocking.

But my problem is not the fob...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
is there a way to test the lock is working properly, i mean like, can i put 12v to a pin and make it operate kind of thing.

and if the bsi is cliking, one can assume it is not the bsi right>???

hopefully i can get it sorted this weekend.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts