Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

The last few month my 307 cant lock/unlock (using the key remote) after the car "falls a sleep".

That is... I can stop the engine, step out and close all doors and use the key remote to lock the car. For the next 30-45 secs I can unlock the car again using the key remote, but if I wait too long (more than approx. one minute) the key remote is not working anymore. Then I have to open the car using the key in the door. It seems as if the car "falls to sleep" and after that is not reacting on the remote anymore.

If I leave the parking lights on, I can use the key remote indefinitely! Off cause until lack of battery power!

Any ideas to where the problem is and how to fix it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the exact same problem with my Peugeot 307SW from 2006 and have already had it in for service hoping they could fix this but they couldn't. Did you ever manage to get the problem fixed for your car?

Does anyone think a simple BSI reset could fix this? I'm just a computer technician and not much of a car mechanic but this doesn't exactly seem to be a mechanical problem hehe

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
I have the exact same problem with my Peugeot 307SW from 2006 and have already had it in for service hoping they could fix this but they couldn't. Did you ever manage to get the problem fixed for your car?
try a bsi reset and also have the battery on the car tested as well as the battery in the key

Put the driver's window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all equipment is switched off.
Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the ignition.
Wait for 3 minutes (at least), disconnect the vehicle battery and wait 15 seconds (at least).
Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (at least) (do not open doors.).
Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.
Switch on the ignition (position 2) and check system's functionality.
Within 10 seconds of turning on ignition to position 2 Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.
Remove key open & close door test central locking system.
Start the engine and complete the system's check.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ty for your reply, I just got confirmed that a BSI reset was done when it was at the workshop, and the battery in the car is in good condition and the battery in the key is brand new as is the key. I ordered this key at the same time as I bought the car and have had this issue with the key the whole time making the new key rather useless for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Overhauled key and bsi reset

I just reset mine after having the old key overhauled by autotronics in Leicester. Didn't work the first time with the bsi reset, I think I didn't wait long enough, second attempt I timed what I was doing, made sure I exceeded the time limits or kept within them and now it works perfectly. Just in time as well because the other key has fallen to bits completely. Peugeot really made a crappy product with that key.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts