Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a free car valet thanks to O2 priority moments and obviously I had it done on my 307. Anyway came back everything was ok until I got home and tried locking the car, it just kept unlocking itself as soon as I locked it. I left it to dry out and I believed that they had got something in the door wet and it seemed to be ok. Until I was driving home another time in the rain, went round a roundabout and the interior light started flashing and the multifunctional display indicated that the passenger door was open (I have deadlock active and had already been driving for 10/15 minutes before hand), during that night it rained hard and was cold and in the morning I found my car unlocked on the drive and the battery was next to lifeless, almost couldn't start the car and had a neighbour tell me that several times through the night they had seen my interior light constantly on/off. I have suspected and got prices for a new door lock assembly but do not fancy paying out unless I am confident that it is the door lock assembly. I guess someone has already asked this question but I was unable to find anything through the search and I apologise about the essay but more information the better! So I anyone has any sort of suggestions or can confirm my suspicions please reply! Funds are tight and trying to live at the same time and need the car for work. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
What condition are the door & window seals ?

Certainly sounds like water getting to the lock mech especially as you say it happened while you were driving in heavy rain. Sounds like water is getting in so simply replacing the door lock assembly will at best give a temporary solution. You need to find where the water is getting in and correct that. Once the leak is sorted out and the existing lock fully dried out it will probably work fine.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The doors and window seals are in very good condition but once the weather sorts itself out I shall take the door apart again and have a look around to see if water is getting in there or if the damage done was just by the jet wash on the door shuts...wish I just washed the damn car myself now!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got seriously annoyed with the door problem so I unplugged the lock assembly and guess what....car still unlocking itself (obviously without the unplugged side) so this leads me to believe more problems? BSI unit or something else? Any idea how much peugeot charge to trace the problem? Got the saw at the ready, wonder if they want an arm or a leg or even both!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts