Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all i am new to this site but i have read it loads over the last few weeks and got loads of info how to fix things. i have used the search feature and there are so many problems relating to central locking problems ive got my self confused where to start.
its a 2003 307. when i use the remote locking all the doors lock apart from the drivers door.it will let me lock it using the key. i can hear the motor whiring but it doesnt lock. ive also got in the car and pressed the locking button on the dash but that doesnt lock it either. now from my search results i think it could be the link rod but where do i start to find out and also how do i fix it. or is it because its full of muck if so which bit do i remove to clean. being a woman i thought i better ask before i start attacking the door with screwdrivers and hammers, many thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i took off the panel today and had a good look around.
the 2 link rods are both attached and working. everything looked quite 'normal'
i gave a good spray with lube and put it back together. and retested.

when i lock the drivers door with key all the doors lock.
when i unlock the driver door with key only the driver door unlocks.
when i lock the car with fob all doors lock apart from drivers
when i unlock with fob all doors unlock apart from drivers door
when i lock with fob holding for 3 secs with windows down, all doors apart from drivers lock and all windows including drivers door close.

can anyone tell me what to try next please?
many thanks

S

·
0 Posts
Sounds like a dodgy lock actuator to me

When you lock/unlock using the key you are moving it manually

When you had the door card off and tried to lock with the fob could you see any bars/rods moving?

Maybe its only partly failed thats why it will sense the manual lock but not the manual unlock?

Thats where i'd look anyway! :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks stubbo

i had the panel off again and when i press the fob i hear a wirrin noise but none of the rods move.
if i use the key in the door and turn manually then the rods move freely.

is this the actuater and if so can i just get one from the scrappers and do it my self or is it a job for peugeot?

:confused:

S

·
0 Posts
Think a scrapper one would be fine if you are handy enough with a toolbox :D

(ive never actually done one or looked at the location of it though so dont quote me on that, haynes doesnt mention anything special about the actuator!!)

Doesnt need coding to car so no need for peugeot to get involved :thumb:

I'd say that definately sounds like the issue though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts