Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 307 recently and the display in the middle of the dash doesn't work. I've tried changing the 3 bulbs in it, even though they looked fine, but that didn't help. I've since noticed that the fan controls don't light up either. I'm wondering whether a fuse has blown. Are these both on the same fuse?

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if someone has deliberately done this - usually to hide any unwelcome error messages prior to selling the car. It's a lot easier to sell on a car if they say it just needs a couple of bulbs than to try and sell it with warning messages showing.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well funny that you should say that... I was thinking the same as the engine management light is not working either and the car did have problems. I got the dealer to arrange repairing it and had a new ecu and bsi put in last week. That's why I want to get this screen working again and see if anything comes up!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't realise I had a handbook, but just found it. There is a fuse which covers a few things, including Multi-function display. I take it this is the one?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I had the same on my car and found it disconnected. When I reconnected it it still was not working. Turns out the bulbs were blown so replaced them and refitted and hey bingo. Now I had two faults on the car, ABS and anti pollution. But I never saw the "engine" indicator and people said they had removed the bulb. But when I took the display apart it is a sealed circuit board and it had not been disturbed. When I got the car read at my local garage they did a warning light test and it showed that the led for the engine was dud! I have a replacement instrument cluster to fit but the problem with that is if the replacement has more miles on it that the original it will show the higher. If it has less then it will show the old ones figure. Stops the robbers clocking the cars!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, my fuse puller was missing too. I went and bought one this evening. I'm half expecting to find fault messages appear if I get this display working!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think it was £2 from halfords, but it doesn't seem very good. I struggle to get the fuses out with it, so I'm going to just use small pliers instead.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Lads what is the use of the two buttons on the side of multi display on the dashboard ?? I can only see date and time on it and at times ice alert ;)...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Lads what is the use of the two buttons on the side of multi display on the dashboard ?? I can only see date and time on it and at times ice alert ;)...

From memory so may be a bit out - Press and hold the left button to get into the MFD setup mode. When in setup mode use the button on the right to scroll through the options to get to the one you want and press the left button to enter the settings for that option. Use the right button to select from the available parameters then the left button to set it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
From memory so may be a bit out - Press and hold the left button to get into the MFD setup mode. When in setup mode use the button on the right to scroll through the options to get to the one you want and press the left button to enter the settings for that option. Use the right button to select from the available parameters then the left button to set it.
Is it ? Will try cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
My digital display is buggered too, they're on ebay for around £20, just make sure you get the display with THE SAME PART NUMBER, either find the part number from under your display or do a bit of googling to find out the correct part number for your car, I'm ordering mind next week :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts