Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Quick Q...

Is the central armrest meant to ratchet up and down so u can adjust the height or is it a plain old open and shut?
Mine basically has three positions: down, intermediate and fully up.

It also slides fwd and opens for storage.

It's a bit tricky to do all those things smoothly, however :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine basically has three positions: down, intermediate and fully up.

It also slides fwd and opens for storage.

It's a bit tricky to do all those things smoothly, however :)
I see you have a 2018 model so it may be a tad different. Their is no intermediate position on mine (2016 GT). Anyone shed any light if they are the same?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine is the same car as yours and I can also say it's the same as described.

Position 1, lowest level
Position 2, middle/medium
Position 3, max/highest

Slides both forward and back with the option of the finiky little clasp to open/close for storage.

Hope that helps mate ?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the clarification.

It appears mine is broken then. Damn!

Car is just out of warranty. I wonder if it would still be honored???

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Lads, as always thanks for the help.

I went out this afternoon, toolbox in hand determined to fix it myself.......

I was about to start taking bits off to rebuild it at which point I noticed a small, thin piece of metal, almost like a clasp, holding the storage roof and armrest itself together! Sooooo weird!

Its as if the previous owner put it there to intentionally stop it ratcheting up and down. Due to this clasp being in place, i didnt realise their was actually two parts to the lid, I had assumed it should have racheted up as u open the full armrest itself.

Why would u ever want to do that?! My only conclusion? Previous owner was a weirdo.

Armrest in full working order ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Glad it's all sorted, although mine 'does' have 3 positions, I generally find it only really has 1, because attempting any others results in it breaking my fingers and me swearing very loudly....

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad it's all sorted, although mine 'does' have 3 positions, I generally find it only really has 1, because attempting any others results in it breaking my fingers and me swearing very loudly....
Haha, I know exactly what you mean. It is such a poor design and clearly an after thought.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I never try to lift mine, it always jams in the higher position, or I can never work out how to lower it.
Another one of those "because we can, but it didn't quite work out" extras.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I tend to leave mine in the highest position as I do like having it as an armrest. I found opening the storage lid and using two hands makes it easier to raise and lower the armrest.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts