Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just took a 306 in part ex. I have a problem with it locking. Every time i lock the car the locks to nuts. They go to lock and then unlock themselves instantly and makes one hell of a noise. The guy i had the car off said its been like it for months and that he has to lock it by pushing every button down manually. He also told me that it had something to do with little ball bearings :confused: Has anybody had the same problem? and does anybody have any kind of diagram?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Peel back the rubber sheath on the wiring between the driver's A pillar & the door.
Check for broken wires. Very common - all 4 of ours had breaks - & one of the symptoms is as you describe.

·
5,071 Posts
Did this solve the issue ?? We are looking at a 306 for my youngest son and the locks bounce open again straight away when you try and lock it from either the drivers door lock or the remote. Can we pull the fuse and lock manually till we can sort it or will it lock manually without the fuse being pulled ??

·
Registered
24 Posts
Don't think the OP has posted since they asked the question. I can't remember if ours locked OK on the key but bounced back on the remote. I'm not sure what other circuits would be affected if you pulled the fuse but I would expect that would work as a temporary cure.
I looked at several cars in a local breakers yard to get an unbroken harness but they ALL had breaks or dodgy looking repairs. Depending what access you have to the broken ends you may be able to solder a length of suitable wire in to repair, a bit of extra length won't hurt & that's what I did on 3 of ours.
There is a Peugeot replacement harness - the connector & lengths of wire to each of its terminals - IIRC around £70. Don't just assume you can cut the old one off & connect the wires with the same number & colours together. None of the one I did were the same & I used a multimeter to check which wire went to which terminal on the old & new connectors. Crimp connectors to join the required ones & the wires will all push into the 'A' pillar.
Easiest to remove the door to do this. Easy, lower the window, disconect the harness, punch out the roll pin in the middle of the check strap, undo the bolts that go into the centre of the hinge (the vertical ones) & lift the door off.

·
5,071 Posts
I thought i'd ask on this rather than starting a new thread, no matter now as the car has been sold

1 - 5 of 5 Posts