Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK guys looks like we are on a roll two posts submitted today and already 2 useful answers to both my problems. Well heres a third - As stated in my previous posts I am the proud owner of a Peugeot 407 2.0 HDi SE 2004 however since it was a private sale and after a lengthy journey to purchase the vehicle I arrived home. When I enquired about the car the previous owner did tell me of only 1 fault (Yeah right its got 3 problems already) he said, "The CD Player doesnt work mate" so ok I cannot live without any tunes or music at all but the radio still works.
When I viewed the vehicle he indicated again that the CD wasnt working.
So back home in the daylight I looked at the problem. When you try to insert a CD into the slot you can hear the CD drive motor that takes the CD into the unit start up but it does not drive the disc into the radio unit and you cannot also physically push the Disc into the unit. It feels like theres something stopping you inserting the disc. To me it sounds like an alignment fault of the CD drive tray. Any help appreciated with this one. I have another small issue I cannot locate a radio code in my paperwork if I disconnect to look at the problem Id be screwed as I dont have the radio code. Is there one for these CD/Radios? Where would I find out what my code is?

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
The pug radios are actually coded to your cars vin number so you can take it out and in as much as you want ,only needed coded if moving the radio to another pug.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx Bettswollocks thats good to know that the radio is coded to the car makes sense really that way. So no worries when you take out your radio and if ot were robbed it wouldnt work elsewhere great thanks again.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I thought the rd3's had a security code that needed entering when it had been removed from your car but the rd4's were coded to the car meaning they only needed coding when trying to put it into another car?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whats the difference between RD3 and RD4 how can you tell which is which?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The one I have is grey/silver in colour and doesnt look like either of them

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok guys couldn't last without my tunes any longer so I waded into the dashboard and started to take the car apart. Radio removal is quite easy when you can find a Torx T10 screwdriver. Loosened the 2 T10 Torx screws and gently prised the radio out of the dash facia. I then was presented with a mass of cables connectors and plugs and a radio mute module. The car was fitted with a Nokia Car Kit so whilst I had the dash apart I started to remove the car kit. Im looking to install a Parrot or some similar type of Bluetooth hands Free kit when the money allows. Anyway I struggled with the cabling for 30 minutes but managed to completely uninstall the car kit. I then disconnected the radio and took it inside for a better look. I opened up the top cover and removed the CD drawer / module and you would not believe what the fault was. There was a 50 Euro Cent Coin lodged in the CD mechanism once removed the CD drawer was then reassembled and the CD Radio was put back into the car. All screws tightened and dashboard back together it was the time for the big switch on. Success the RD4 CD Radio fired into life therefore the RD4 radio is coded to the car as was thought. Now he big test grabbed the nearest CD to hand and tried it in the CD slot woohoo success the CD was taken into the Radio and started to play JOB DONE! End of post thanks guys for your help:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Old thread I know, but thought I'd chime in.

Well done with the repair. Also, you're 50 cents up! Not often that car maintenance makes you wealthier!

I have a problem with my CD player. Sometimes it refuses to read an MP3 disc, and won't eject it either. This fault goes away on its own eventually and the disc will play & eject.

It bugs the hell out of me. Anyone else seen this or know a cure?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Jock,
Had the same problem....

If your writing your own music discs on the home PC, save them as "audio files", also, the cd sticking sometimes will be cured with a special CD/DVD head cleaning disc, [about £5.00 on Amazon]

I"ve found the 407"s cd player to be very fussy about a disc if it is in less than perfect condition, scratched etc...:)

Cliff

·
Registered
9 Posts
I recently acquired a 407 SR HDI sport, which has a CD charger inside the boot, and according to the manual it doesnt read MP3 format, but on the contrary, the front CD player, again according to the manual, should do.- In my case it doesnt, so I have to use comercial CDs or record my own ones as audio files, which weighs as 7 times as MP3.-
Maybe I am doing something wrong when recording in MP3 format, but the case is that my MP3 recorded CDs work OK in other car.-
Another question: I noticed some strange things about the radio:
The volume control knob in the radio stack is a dummy, the only way I can switch on/off, or control the volume of the radio is using the keys at the control wheel back.-
It happens then that every time I fire the engine, the radio comes on regardless on how it was left before shutting off, which is very annoying.-
Also the only way to switch on the radio is turning the engine contact on, and after some time, the energy saving system turns it off, so is there is a problem hearing the radio with the engine not running.-
Is there a workaround for that issues ?
Sorry but I am a newbie in this car
Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.