Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Nearly all 308s don't come with a cd player as standard . I have been trying to locate one for my car. Peugeot want £360 for the cd player,fascia and connection lead. On brand new 308s its a £120 option . Any ideas ?

·
Registered
899 Posts
I didn't bother with the CD player as all my 'travelling' CDs I transferred to my PC then onto a micro USB stick.

They all play fine and many also display the album cover.

I got mine from Argos. This is my old post on the Peugeot 2008 forum:

USB Memory stick - Peugeot 2008 Forums - Page 1

No point in having CDs rattling around and messing with slotting them in when you can play directly from a nano/micro USB stick or your phone.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I always thought that sliver lining on the dash was the CD player until when I collected the car. Only to find out that it does not come with the player, anyway din matter, USB is better. haha.. :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
I still have lots of CD (but not more than my vinyl) and I would appreciate a CD Player but not at that price!

·
Registered
104 Posts
My car was already built and in the showroom. It had the CD player and leather. I would have actually just asked for it how it comes to be honest. Mine is the GT.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hi all

Nearly all 308s don't come with a cd player as standard . I have been trying to locate one for my car. Peugeot want £360 for the cd player,fascia and connection lead. On brand new 308s its a £120 option . Any ideas ?
Have you tried connecting a USB CD player - the one you get for laptops.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Have you tried connecting a USB CD player - the one you get for laptops.
I just tried this earlier using my Acer DVD/CD player I used to use on my tablets.

After connecting to the USB socket of the 308, the drive ejected the CD, when I closed the tray again, the display shows error with device power and disabled the USB option from the source.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I just tried this earlier using my Acer DVD/CD player I used to use on my tablets.

After connecting to the USB socket of the 308, the drive ejected the CD, when I closed the tray again, the display shows error with device power and disabled the USB option from the source.
The USB port is probably limited on power. I suspect you may need to make up a lead to allow power and data to be separated.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Have you tried the jack (aux) socket?

SNIP:
When a USB port is used, the portable device charges automatically. While charging, a message is displayed if the power consumption of the portable device exceeds the current supplied by the vehicle. For more information on using this equipment, refer to the "Audio equipment and telematics" section.

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
The USB port is probably limited on power. I suspect you may need to make up a lead to allow power and data to be separated.

All of them are. The Alpine in my other vehicle can only supply 500mA of current to devices connected to it. Thankfully, I have a Hitachi low power USB external drive that I can use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts