Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a CD Player a few year ago n when i had it in me corsa it would turn off when i turned the ignition off n took the key out like its supposed to.

When a got rid of me corsa i got a peugeot and i took the cd player out and stuck it in me peugeot... but when i turn the ignition off it doesnt turn the cd player off i have to hold the button in manually to get it to turn off and its the same when turning it on, i av to press the button in manually when i get in the car.

Anyway... i got a new CD Player last night and this doesnt have a proper OFF button, wen i hold the button in to turn it off it goes into a sort of standby mode and is still lit up and keeps flashing n stuff keeps coming up on the display. The only way i can fully turn it off is by taking the face off..

But thats annoying as fuck through the day when i'm in and out the car i usually just leave the face on and take it off at night, but now i need to do it every single time i get in and out the car to turn it off properly.

Is there any wires i have connected wrong thats stopping i from turning off? or anyway i can get it to turn off automatically.

Its a peugeot 306. 98 model

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
its the orange wire that needs to be connected to the ignition key.. usually if this wire is connected to the red, its on all the time..

have you checked this wire.. also have you connected it by cutting the wires or used a fitting??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.