Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Peugeot 206 and my radio settings keep resetting and so does my clock. I can turn the ignition off and if it's on again within 5-10 minutes my settings won't have reset however, if it is left off any longer they all reset. I have tried swapping the red and yellow wires but then I lost the settings as soon as the ignition was switched off so I swapped them back. Any help? Thank you

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
This is nothing to do with swapping red and yellow wires around if the clock is also going off you have a bad power or earth connection somewhere or a BSI fault.

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
Could be 1 of dozens of earths they are all over the place !

Could be a loose wire disturbed during fitting the aftermarket radio.

There is no easy cure its just a case of testing things/checking wiring.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I changed one of the fuses and now the clock is keeping its time (and the boot light works :) however the CD player is still deleting all its settings. Is it less serious now the clock is working and keeping its time?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
They are all vital to the car's health. The permanent live to the radio is not connected so it loses presets when ign off, re-check the fuses as there is probably a second fuse for this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are there any fuses in particular that I should be checking? I have already checked all the fuses with the label 'audio equipment' in the manual. Thank you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello, I don't seem to have the same fuse box as in the link above but I have checked any other fuses relating to audio equipment. Do you think I should check every fuse? Also, now my battery keeps dying... went for a 1 hour drive the other day and the next morning it wouldn't even open with the key fob and wouldn't start. Not sure if I need a new battery? The car has had the new head unit installed since my sister bought the car just over a year ago and it has never stored any of the settings

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Clearly it is a wiring problem with the replacement radio, you'll need to check it's wiring diagram and confirm it is connected to a permanent live. Can you put the old radio back in? If the battery is more than 5 years old you probably need a new one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.