Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The price of cd changers seems to be a bit silly on eBay. Can I use a different type and just run a wire to the head unit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I believe the answer is no, it is a proprietary interface.

Instead of a changer, have you considered a Yatour digital music changer, which takes SD Card or USB stick? You can have 6 folders each with 99 tracks, and select them on the radio controls. If you want a greater selection, just change the card/stick in a second. It plugs into the radio's CD changer socket, and the quality is excellent, and it likely to be much more reliable.

You will need the radio configured with Planet or Diagbox to enable the changer, but that would be needed with a real changer anyway.

·
Registered
14,645 Posts
There are CD changers that will work with your radio i take it your talking about the in dash 1 being expensive this is because a good one is hard to get as they are generally faulty !

You could get a 6 disc changer from a late 406 c5 807 c8 etc and the lead for it this can be plugged into your head unit but it would need enabled with planet

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive seen an aux cable for £4 that I can just plug my phone into / ipod into, that goes into the back of the headunit. I agree that SD card reader would be handy.. but the price for it is stupid.

Might investigate this as well as the other model changers.. thanks guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts