Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my engine managment light is on again saying anti polution fault, happened same time last year an was told it was either a new cat needed or as it turned out a broken wire does any1 no how many sensors there is an where they are so i can check them any ideas

·
Registered
862 Posts
xavierde said:
my engine managment light is on again saying anti polution fault, happened same time last year an was told it was either a new cat needed or as it turned out a broken wire does any1 no how many sensors there is an where they are so i can check them any ideas
Have came to the conclusion the 307 is one big sensor.Honestly mate there are dozens everywhere. Not any help i know but unless you really know what you are doing i wouldnt start mucking about withe sensors and multiplexing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I think there should be two going from what i remember 1 before cat and 1 after but cant be sure i'll have to pop to a garage to find out thanks for the advice moose, i've come to the concusion the car is a bag of s*** either it just mine or just peugeots in general i don't no, it a pain when ya get in ya car an u don't no wats going to work and wot isn't, i had same at begining of year booked in to sort it out and day before it just went off an has just come back, the garage has since closed as the company went bankrupt so long journey for me thanks any way

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
which bit is that, sorry to sound a bit dumb but i've no idea. i did have a filter like part replaced a couple of years ago it was to do with the fuel return. as when i was braking i'd get a really strong smell of petrol in the car an it was due to this filter, all advice is welcome

thanks dave.

·
Registered
862 Posts
xavierde said:
which bit is that, sorry to sound a bit dumb but i've no idea. i did have a filter like part replaced a couple of years ago it was to do with the fuel return. as when i was braking i'd get a really strong smell of petrol in the car an it was due to this filter, all advice is welcome

thanks dave.

The fap filter is a part of the exhaust. It helps to reduce emmissions,but throug tim it can become blocked,when this happens the anti pollution fault light comes on. the afore mentioned link explains how it is cleaned.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:mad: Youre gonna laugh at this problem gone just started car an it had vanished now the fans for the heaters dont work well occasionly if im lucky. how bad is that, i have to laugh else i would take a bat to it:mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts