Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

I just joined to see if i could get some opinions on my car really. Yesterday afternoon i went to go off in my car and as soon as i started the car the above fault flashed on and the car started jumping badly and made a horrible noise. I left it for a few hours and tried it again and the warning light didnt come on again and the jumping wasnt as bad but was still doing it abit and this morning still no warning light but still abit jumpy. Does anyone have any ideas? The mot is also on the 21st which is so typical! So really id like to get this problem fixed for as cheap as possible as i know it needs a couple of things done for the mot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a 51 plate, 1.4 Petrol and its around 98,000 miles. For a few weeks now, sometimes when i drive the car it feels like its loosing power but after a few seconds it just goes back to normal.

C

·
0 Posts
My Advice is consult the PP Map and get them to diagnose the fault for you. I'm pretty sure there will be someone nearby who can help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im getting the car seen but not till monday as the garage i take it to is busy up until then.

·
Registered
207 Posts
i would do as COLINELLIS says and check the pp map see if there anyone near you that can help, and hey it may work out a lot cheaper too! in my experience all this guys are always happy to help!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I had the same problem with mine just before Christmas.
It was the coil pack causing the problem.
The mobile mechanic I use checked it with his diagnostics software, and it said intermittent misfire on all cylinders.
A new one would have been £81.00 + VAT, but I got a used one for £25.00.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your reply's. Hopefully it will be something simple and cheap. Drove the car for abit today and its still jumpy but no sign of the warning light again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was the spark plugs! So had them replaced. The car passed its mot on thursday and went to go off in it today and the stupid thing has abs light flashing and handbrake light flashing and a strange electrical sounding noise when the ignition is on but not when the car is actually running! Back to the garage it will have to go!

D

·
0 Posts
I had the same problem with mine just before Christmas.
It was the coil pack causing the problem.
The mobile mechanic I use checked it with his diagnostics software, and it said intermittent misfire on all cylinders.
A new one would have been £81.00 + VAT, but I got a used one for £25.00.
There is usually a software update for this problem also. Doing it first usually means you don't need parts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Fault errors dis plaid

First thing to do after one has rectified a problem is to clear all fault codes from the computers. You need a diagnostic tools such s a MaxiScan 309 which costs around $50.

My bet is that apart from bad plugs, you should also replace the coil pack. Once the ignition is working properly, you won't get random electrical signals firing around the circuit, which would possibly explain the other interference you have with radio etc.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi guys. I have a similar problem. Any help or ideas welcome.
I have a 307 1.4 petrol engine 2005. Recently the engine management light came on and anti pollution fault came up on the screen followed by catalic converter fault. The engine is very wobbly when idle but the wobble goes out of it when it's revved.

I changed the plugs, and put in a new coil pack. This sorted the problem for a couple of weeks but then the same faults came back as did the engine wobble. I've had the cat tested and the lambda, both are fine.

The error codes are p1337 engine misfire in cylinder 1
And p1336 and p0301 have come up also.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts