Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`m planning on removing the cat to braze up a leak.....
So that downtime is kept to a minimum and i`m prepared i just want to know if i`ll need any gaskets etc.
Is there a gasket between the cat pipe and the flexible coupling pipe or is it just a regular flange type connection secured with a band?
And what about where the cat connects to the turbo housing - any gasket in there?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
No gaskets according to Haynes and when I removed mine, whilst fault finding Limp mode, there was no gaskets and access is good as it gets too

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers, Donald.
Is it just a flanged type connection to the turbo housing, too?

Did you ever get to the bottom of that limp mode saga?

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Donald! Yes it was because the glow plugs were all open circuit. The fuel system is the key to this causing the limp mode. My car has the Siemens system and even though there is no cat convertor system that needs regen the ecu needs to see working glow plugs. So instead of replacing them I just slaved in a resistor to fool the brain. Found this out after I had checked every system on the car. I removed the egr and the pipework for gunge inspection. The valve was clean but the entry/exit pipe from that to the intake was gunged a little. I found one of the coolant fan speeds was not working and traced that to a broken wire in a loom that was out the way of anything that could damage it. I repaired it and that worked. A member of the forum contacted me and suggested I fit the resistor. I think he was one of those auto electricians who freelance to the garages and knows he stuff. Thing was all the members who tried helping was certain that the glow plug failure would not cause limp mode after I had said I had found them all u/s. I bought the new ones but it is a tricky job even if access was good as they can snap off when removing because of the carbon build up on the exposed threads in the head. So unless we have a severe -10 or lower winter the engine will start without them. Yes it is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts