Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had service last week and catalytic Converter replaces. Since then I’ve noticed a massive drop in mpg. Has anyone else had this and have you noticed the same?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Not so much a recall but an inspection. Our 308 was inspected about a year and a half ago. I was told that they were looking for faults in the welding of the cat. Ours was OK and that's as much as I know.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Thanks for the info. I bought 308 couple of months ago, used, and I checked for recalls then.

There was only the ad blue tank cap, which was replaced.

And that's why I was asking, to know if I need to go and check again.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Obviously if the welding is faulty then it turns into a replacement job - hopefully under warranty.

I don't recall anyone else here posting about having the cat replaced so presumably everyone else's has been OK as well. Can't help with the mpg change.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m not sure for a fact there was a recall, when I dropped it off for the service it’s what she told me. I’ve just spoke to Peugeot and they just told me it was done last year. No idea what’s going on but could the use of generic oil cause a drop in mpg?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
spoke to Peugeot and he checked his system and said cat was done last year which makes no sense because the lady specifically said there’s a recall on the cat. Either way. The mpg has gone down to 30mpg which is plain ridiculous. Especially as the last 6000 miles I’ve averaged 40.8 that’s mostly with the ac running all the time. From what I’ve read, wrong oil, and some even say just new oil can drop the mpg and it will balance out after a few thousand miles, but if this is correct is this something hey should advise on? Has no one else experienced this at all?

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
It would take more than the wrong oil to drop increase fuel consumption that much.

Have you been back to complain?

I've never had any change to mpg after servicing. Did after some new tyres though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts