Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10 year old... 120k on the clock, which I reckon isn't bad for the 1.6 petrol. However, braked hard the other day to avoid oncoming traffic on narrow road - nothing unusual about that up here. Minute later got a Cat warning...and very lumpy running. Not sure if these were caused or aggravated by the braking, or if that was purely coincidental.
As far as I understand these things...the cat warning etc can be symptoms of: 1) the cat being on its way out. 2) the pre-cat lambda sensor acting up. 3) The post-cat lambda sensor acting up. 4) the coil pack being knackered. or 5) one or more plugs causing issues.
So, my questions are: any other possible causes? and How to go about narrowing down the problem?
Cheers...
Beneagles

·
Registered
1,424 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Had a look at the map but nearest member seems to be about 40 miles away... and nearest dealer is 27 miles. Not sure the old girl is up to those sorts of distances. Would the more generic diagnostic equip carried by the AA and such be likely to narrow it down? Would disconnecting either of the lambdas help? :)

P

·
0 Posts
Thanks guys. Had a look at the map but nearest member seems to be about 40 miles away... and nearest dealer is 27 miles. Not sure the old girl is up to those sorts of distances. Would the more generic diagnostic equip carried by the AA and such be likely to narrow it down? Would disconnecting either of the lambdas help? :)
AA couldn't find arse with both hands. Plenty of stories on here about how bad they are at diagnosing. Their favourite is blame fuel pump.

From personal experience they once told me my injectors had failed. If i'd known about this place, could have got someone out with proper gear and would have told me glow plugs were faulty straight away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts