Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
I think i may have a major problem with my cat,i think its gone wrong in some way.i still have gasses flowing from the rear of the car but my question is ,can i take the cat off and just beat a hole thru the middle of it so the gasses can flow more freely.its just had an MOT so the emissions is not an issue right now so can i knock the centre out ?
Matt.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Hi everyone
I think i may have a major problem with my cat,i think its gone wrong in some way.i still have gasses flowing from the rear of the car but my question is ,can i take the cat off and just beat a hole thru the middle of it so the gasses can flow more freely.its just had an MOT so the emissions is not an issue right now so can i knock the centre out ?
Matt.
Do you know you have a problem with the cat???? it seems an expensive guess.....If its just had an mot surely this would have told you you had a cat problem with the emmisions test.....Why do you say it's the cat.....:thumb:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To Elmafudd

Hey everyone,
I wonder if anyone can help me identify a strange noise,recently i replaced the centre section of my exhaust, the car, a 307, 02 plated 2.0 xsi 138 petrol.soon after that my anti pollution light came on,then i got a sound just like the new pipe was seriously blowing,i've climbed around under the car while someone revs it and it definately is not blowing anywhere,but along with the blowing noise i get a loud hiss from the engine bay,so as i pop the throttle up and down quite fast i get a loud hiss then a load of what sounds like blowing,and as i rev so on and on,could it be the cat has collapsed? or something similar ? any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
thanks alot
Matt

·
Registered
673 Posts
To Elmafudd

Hey everyone,
I wonder if anyone can help me identify a strange noise,recently i replaced the centre section of my exhaust, the car, a 307, 02 plated 2.0 xsi 138 petrol.soon after that my anti pollution light came on,then i got a sound just like the new pipe was seriously blowing,i've climbed around under the car while someone revs it and it definately is not blowing anywhere,but along with the blowing noise i get a loud hiss from the engine bay,so as i pop the throttle up and down quite fast i get a loud hiss then a load of what sounds like blowing,and as i rev so on and on,could it be the cat has collapsed? or something similar ? any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
thanks alot
Matt
But that still doesn't say why you think it's the cat....have you hooked it upto diag yet....when your underneath climbing around did you notice any noises coming from the cat.??? can you hear things in there rattling when you shake it.???? All i was saying was i wouldn't go smashing the cat up unless i knew it was that. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm now leaning toward the EGR valve.....the noise i thought may have been the cat may possibly be the noise of exhaust gasses recirculating....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts