Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a 107. There is one that I like the look of, but the CAT converter burst last year and a couple of months after that the engine management light came on. It got through the MOT with no problems (with the engine management light noted in the advisory section). Does anyone have any thoughts? My concern is why the CAT burst and if that is likely to happen again.

Thank you!

·
6,431 Posts
The 107 engine is a toyota unit (assuming petrol as I think citroen sold the HDI version) and near bulletproof. They suffer with water pumps and clutch issues but not much else. What do you mean by burst. If it split the only thing i think would cause that would be a misfire or similar allowing unburnt fuel into it and it igniting.

I would get the codes read to see what the fault is (it maybe the overfueling killed the lambda sensor). Near on any cheap code reader should give you the basic info

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. It wouldn't put you off buying the car then? I don't have any more details than that it 'burst'!

The 107 engine is a toyota unit (assuming petrol as I think citroen sold the HDI version) and near bulletproof. They suffer with water pumps and clutch issues but not much else. What do you mean by burst. If it split the only thing i think would cause that would be a misfire or similar allowing unburnt fuel into it and it igniting.

I would get the codes read to see what the fault is (it maybe the overfueling killed the lambda sensor). Near on any cheap code reader should give you the basic info

1 - 3 of 3 Posts