Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like my cat and dpf filters were cut off the car last Friday night. All i have left is the pressure sensor with 2 rubber pipes. I also have a electrical wire coming from this sensor, but no idea where it would go or connect to.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Could send you the same pictures of the removed dpf & cat a 8 or 9 years ago of our 807. We made an insurance claim as had a protected policy with the Co-op but with the number of 807's being scrapped you should be able to locate s/h parts to make good the damage for less than say £500.00?
I thought these thefts were history as the price of scap metal is a lot lower these days, wonderful news that scrapyards are still happy to hand over ££ for an exhaust that is clearly stolen.
As Reliable says the wire is for the exhaust temperature sensor that is part of the regeneration process.

·
Registered
14,895 Posts
The 807 cat is still worth £100 its not the scrap metal they want its the precious metals inside it platinum paladium etc cat man gave me £120 last week for a cat car was worth £100 :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have ordered a new cat, dpf, pressure pipes and Temperature sensor, not a lot of change from £400. Do i need to hook the car up to PP2000 and reset any thing.

Dean

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Could send you the same pictures of the removed dpf & cat a 8 or 9 years ago of our 807. We made an insurance claim as had a protected policy with the Co-op but with the number of 807's being scrapped you should be able to locate s/h parts to make good the damage for less than say £500.00?
I thought these thefts were history as the price of scap metal is a lot lower these days, wonderful news that scrapyards are still happy to hand over ££ for an exhaust that is clearly stolen.
As Reliable says the wire is for the exhaust temperature sensor that is part of the regeneration process.
Some pictures would be helpful, thanks

Found some in your removal and clean posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Can send more pictures if you need. No scan tool needed, just connect everything back up as it was and it will be fine.
Wife even drove our 807 home from the riding stables after exhaust had been cut away in broad daylight in the car park, she did wonder why it was noisier than usual but as it still moved as that she didn't bother investigating!
EML had not come on presumably because the there was no pressure difference registered by the pre and post dpf sensors and car was not trying to regenerate so te lack of the exhaust temp sensor had not yet registered.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can send more pictures if you need. No scan tool needed, just connect everything back up as it was and it will be fine.
Wife even drove our 807 home from the riding stables after exhaust had been cut away in broad daylight in the car park, she did wonder why it was noisier than usual but as it still moved as that she didn't bother investigating!
EML had not come on presumably because the there was no pressure difference registered by the pre and post dpf sensors and car was not trying to regenerate so te lack of the exhaust temp sensor had not yet registered.
Still using the car as is, just keeping the revs under 2000 and 15 mile round trip to work. The exhaust will have to wait till Friday, so hopefully she will stay good.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, every thing turned up today. But looks like might have sent the wrong pressure pipe, as it looks like it will be too short. Could i just replace the rubber pipe with a longer one.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Dpf

It won't stop some idiot cutting it off, they don't do a precious metal test first. That's y i didn't bother just welded in a crappy old Honda middle box.

·
Registered
14,895 Posts
You will be surprised to learn that they DO know what they are looking at and wont steal aftermarket parts as they look different so they KNOW its not worth it

for example the original DPF/CAT combo on a 807 407 307 etc is worth anything up to 150 or so in scrap but an aftermarket 1 is only worth 40 at most so not worth cutting off

Original cats and DPFs are worth good money aftermarkets are not

1 - 20 of 25 Posts