Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
right i have an '02 307 2.0 xsi petrol, it has a cassette player fitted as standard with the 5 disc player set underneath,my question is that the cd player now sounds like every disc i play is scratched and skips. i'm thinking of replacing with a newer version of the standard player such as the RD3 that has its own cd player with no cassette,this way i can keep using my multi display unit and steering wheel adjustment,does this sound correct? also i know i'm gonna need to get it vin coded. or can i get a newer head unit that fits to a 5 disc unit that all works the same as i have at present?
thanks for any info.
Matt

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
matt268uk said:
Hi everyone.
right i have an '02 307 2.0 xsi petrol, it has a cassette player fitted as standard with the 5 disc player set underneath,my question is that the cd player now sounds like every disc i play is scratched and skips. i'm thinking of replacing with a newer version of the standard player such as the RD3 that has its own cd player with no cassette,this way i can keep using my multi display unit and steering wheel adjustment,does this sound correct? also i know i'm gonna need to get it vin coded. or can i get a newer head unit that fits to a 5 disc unit that all works the same as i have at present?
thanks for any info.
Matt
The basic radio in a 307 which has a cd player also has a plug on the back for your 5 disc to plug into .

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Betty but can i use a newer head unit that has a cd slot instead of a cassette?and still have my mfd and steering wheel controls working?

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
matt268uk said:
Thanks Betty but can i use a newer head unit that has a cd slot instead of a cassette?and still have my mfd and steering wheel controls working?
Sorry yes to that as well (as long as it Peugeot), but as you say you need it coded , anyone with planet can code it ,takes 5 mins.

J

·
0 Posts
Are there any Peugeot double din ones with decent sound output?

Probably wont be any with what i want like..

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
matt268uk said:
Can anybody tell me if this unit would fit into my '02 307 xsi and connect to the mfd and steering controller? or do i need to stick to the RD3 unit?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PEUGEOT-206-307-CITROEN-C2-C3-CD-PLAYER-RADIO-RD4-N1-02-/200581117282?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2eb390f562
Yeah it`ll work but i always thought they looked older than these -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/peugeot-206-307-etc-cd-player-late-/120556821730?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c11bf1ce2#ht_502wt_905

1 - 7 of 7 Posts