Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's supposed to be an article on Watchdog tomorrow night looking at a particular brand of car that suddenly loses power, leaving owners in dangerous situations. No mention of the manufacturer concerned, so will be interesting to see. Any ideas?? I wonder if it's the same brand that seems to catch fire rather easily.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
We have had an instance of a VW Polo driven by a young lady lose power in the outside lane of one of Melbourne's motorways, resulting in a truck crushing and killing her.
I seem to recall THAT issue related to the 'motronic' unit that controls the DSG.
There was a subsequent 'service campaign' for the old 1.2 versions of models with that engine/DSG combo.......as far as I recall.

·
Registered
276 Posts
This happened to my Audi, the moment i drove it away from the garage i could tell the difference, totally ruined it which is why i got rid.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good enough reason alone to walk away from a Tiguan or Ateca purchase if that's how they treat their customers.

·
Administrator
2,833 Posts
There's supposed to be an article on Watchdog tomorrow night looking at a particular brand of car that suddenly loses power, leaving owners in dangerous situations. No mention of the manufacturer concerned, so will be interesting to see. Any ideas?? I wonder if it's the same brand that seems to catch fire rather easily.
I have a feeling it will be the 1.7 diesel Kia Sportage.

Kia had an issue with owners reporting it which after a long investigation turned out to be the fuel thickening in very cold weather in the fuel pump.

Kia now fit a modified version under warranty.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
If it turns out not to be a Peugeot, I'll move this thread to Off topic sub forum as it's not 3008 related.
You'd better start moving then Paul. It was definately VW. I watched the program. :nod:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts