Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Peugeot 307 2.0 HDI 110 BHP 2003

After many, many hours of reading on here, i decided to carry out the DPF delete because my additive tank was empty, also my EGR was sticking

Bought Peugeot Planet, got it up and running, bought MPPS got that working, downloaded ECUSafe, and decided to carry out the whole procedure.

Removed the DPF drilled 2" hole all way through, refitted.

Carried out DPF & EGR delete on ECUSafe

Flashed the edited file onto the ECU

Reset the Fluid counter
Reset the DPF counter
Set the DPF to absent
Set the Fluid ECU to Absent

Disconnected the 2 EGR solonoids

Cleared all faults and drove car, all went Okay except for still getting these problems

Permanent Fault, EGR control eletrovalve fault, open circuit
Permanent Fault, EGR butterfly position fault, open circuit
Permanent Fault, Catalytic Converter upstream temperature signal, short circuit to positive or circuit open (this has not been disconnected)
Also a DPF fault about the Magnets on the Fuel filler cap (Forget the excact fault)

Since doing this i have flashed a new file to the ECU with only the DPF deleted.

Reconnected the EGR connectors and just blocked the vac hose to the EGR

This has made the 2 EGR faults disappear

Any help on this would be much appreciated

·
Registered
14,264 Posts
If you are getting a cap magnet fault then the DPF ecu must still be present surely

You cannot unplug the solenoids as the ecu needs to see them

Deleting the DPF does not fix faults that were already present the car ideally should be working properly to be able to delete the DPF successfully but I am very much in the why bother camp and believe the faults can be fixed just as easily as deleting the DPF

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply.

I'm pretty sure I changed it to Absent, unless there is another 1 or I done the wrong 1, where is this located?
I found mine under BSI options > dust filter then switched to Absent.

The cap was showing this fault before i carried out the whole process.

Also the upstream fault was there before the whole procedure, surly if DPF is ECU is set to Absent this sensor would be redundant as I am assuming it is used in connection with this????

·
Registered
437 Posts
On mine, in PP under ECU's present was 'Diesel Additive ECU' this had to be set to absent AND in PP under Engine Compartment was 'Dust Filter FAP', this also had to be set to absent.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could anybody confirm this?

I went into every option yesterday looking at different things i could do, and these were the only 2 i thought had reference to what i was doing

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
if the fault was there before it will be there after

my mums 307 still has a cap fault even though i removed dpf and had it remapped

no issues in the 18 months shes had it

if it runs fine leave alone

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
On mine, in PP under ECU's present was 'Diesel Additive ECU' this had to be set to absent AND in PP under Engine Compartment was 'Dust Filter FAP', this also had to be set to absent.
not all cars have the same options. as long as its been put in absent the ones you can see should be ok

its a bit like forced regen not all cars will allow it

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
did you unplug the sensors on the filter its self on the 110 2.0 I had to unplug it then clear the faults, another thing is the dpf pressure sensor on the brake booster maybe they need removed?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
did you unplug the sensors on the filter its self on the 110 2.0 I had to unplug it then clear the faults, another thing is the dpf pressure sensor on the brake booster maybe they need removed?
No I did not unplug the sensor, I will give it a go though.
What is the brake booster sensor though?
There is a intermittent fault, brake contact signal, Coherence between the 2 brake switches stored for the brake pedal switch or something
Wonder if it has something to do with what you said???

·
Registered
437 Posts
I think Cmax is referring to a sensor near the brake servo. I'm fortunate and didn't have to unplug anything after the delete so didn't have to go looking for that sensor myself.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Ok, so for the record you don't 'need' to reset the additive levels and tell the BSI that the DPF ECU etc is not present, but I like to do it anyway just because it's then done fully, this won't be causing your problems though.

ECU safe is a pretty bad program, yes it does work on the 2.0 HDI EDC15, but it does miss a few things, and I doubt it can actually turn off the EGR....

When you delete the EGR (properly) it needs to be blanked and unplugged.

I can delete the temperature sensor from the ECU and the associated fault codes, I can also delete the permanent fault of no additive tank on the VAN network, that is a hard one to figure out, but luckily this rarely occurs.

As for the fuel tank fault, this doesn't matter once the DPF is deleted as it's not used.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, so for the record you don't 'need' to reset the additive levels and tell the BSI that the DPF ECU etc is not present, but I like to do it anyway just because it's then done fully, this won't be causing your problems though.

ECU safe is a pretty bad program, yes it does work on the 2.0 HDI EDC15, but it does miss a few things, and I doubt it can actually turn off the EGR....

When you delete the EGR (properly) it needs to be blanked and unplugged.

I can delete the temperature sensor from the ECU and the associated fault codes, I can also delete the permanent fault of no additive tank on the VAN network, that is a hard one to figure out, but luckily this rarely occurs.

As for the fuel tank fault, this doesn't matter once the DPF is deleted as it's not used.
Thanks for your reply, I'm going to live with the issues for now, don't want to spend any more money on it until after its MOT which is coming up soon, will assess the situation afterwards :thumb:
Just wanted to see if I could sort the issues myself :D

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think Cmax is referring to a sensor near the brake servo. I'm fortunate and didn't have to unplug anything after the delete so didn't have to go looking for that sensor myself.
I shall have a look for this sensor over the weekend, Just had to order a new boost pipe for it today as it broke down Sunday, found a collapsed inter cooler hose, so car is off the road until that arrives from Poland :rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts