Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I am an owner of a Peugot 3008-17. I bought the car from a dealer and it was new.
It has no Apple CarPlay..... Is it possible to uppgrade or add this feature?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I Suppose you should check with your car delaer, they can get in touch with Peugeot and give you a quote if this is possible. I wonder also if it is possible, it should be a simple software change unless the HW is also different, which I doubt.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hi!
I am an owner of a Peugot 3008-17. I bought the car from a dealer and it was new.
That's rather strange, on the UK brochure even the Active trim has carplay.

Have you tried to connect your iphone via bluetooth first and the via usb to the car ? Remember that it takes around 1 minute for the infotainment system to be fully on.

What exact model do you have ?

·
Registered
486 Posts
That's rather strange, on the UK brochure even the Active trim has carplay.

Have you tried to connect your iphone via bluetooth first and the via usb to the car ? Remember that it takes around 1 minute for the infotainment system to be fully on.

What exact model do you have ?

The early models did not have CarPlay or android auto. If you see early you tube videos there many instances reviewers point out that. I’m not sure it is possible to have the carpaly or android auto functionality via update. Best option is check with the peugeot authorized dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Hi!
I suppose the first question to ask is “Which country did you purchase the vehicle from”?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all answers!!
I live in Sweden and the car is bought there. It is an model called Active and I have Bluetooth connection to the telephone. I can listen to for example to Spotify from the telephone via USB.
I think that there is an ?upgrade issue? to get CarPlay but my dealer said that my radio doesn?t support that. I don?t think so! ;-)
Thanks again for your answers!!

Have a good day! :)

·
Registered
765 Posts
If you have the 8 inch centre console touchscreen then all you need is an updated firmware. In the UK all cars have the touchscreen. In europe cheaper versions have a small lcd centre screen and a much more basic media system which I assume would not support car play as you need a screen for that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks!! I have touchscreen so I shall see if I can get an uptade firmware. Is it difficult to do it at home or do I have to do it in a Peugeot dealer?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I’m not sure it’s a software issue as even going back to V.21.05.78.22_NAC-r0 which was issued on the 17 May 2017 supported CarPlay.

Q1. What is your current software version?
Q2. Any chance of seeing a photo of what your screen looks like?
Q3. Does your manual mention CarPlay?

P.S. Be careful with replies though as we are starting to drift away from the topic title ‘CarPlay’.
If we can tie all of this in with CarPlay then we’re good. :)

·
Registered
765 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Not sure that is relevant. Greece does not have carplay because apple doesn't support it yet.
Carplay is supported in all cars in Greece which offer Carplay, it's just the menus that are in English. The fact that no Greek language is available doesn't mean that anyone who speaks English can't use it (like Siri).

·
Registered
765 Posts
Carplay is supported in all cars in Greece which offer Carplay, it's just the menus that are in English. The fact that no Greek language is available doesn't mean that anyone who speaks English can't use it (like Siri).
Peugeot are responsible for enabling it in the firmware. If it doesn't work it is because Peugeot have decided that as it's not supported in Greece then they won't enable it in Greece. I can't believe the hardware is any different.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Peugeot are responsible for enabling it in the firmware. If it doesn't work it is because Peugeot have decided that as it's not supported in Greece then they won't enable it in Greece. I can't believe the hardware is any different.
I contacted Peugeot distributor here in Greece via Facebook chat; Apple Carplay is available on Allure, GT line and GT. While Active Grip has the 8" screen, Carplay is not supported.

It's supported and enabled in Greece in specific versions. Every country has it's differences (for example here both front seats have the massage function while in some countries only the driver's seat has it).

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I don?t know where I can find my version....
Where can I find it?
I appends some photos of the screen....
Select Vehicle piano key fourth from left
Select Gear wheel in top right corner
Select Options
Select System Settings
Select System Info
Select View and you should see the screen below.
Select Either the Software or Map on this screen and it will give you the date of the version.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don?t know where I can find my version....
Where can I find it?
I appends some photos of the screen....
That first one is your version info, here's mine to compare with ("Swedish" GT Line, no nav like yours, but working Carplay and Android auto):

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi Johan,

Maybe it's the same in Sweden as it is in Finland. Here you need to purchase the Mirror Screen feature for the 3008 if you want to get Android Auto or Apple CarPlay. It's an optional extra feature on Active, but standard on Allure and GT. It costs ~200 euros here. I'm pretty sure this is only about the software and there's no difference in the hardware installed in the car. Not sure if your dealer will agree to code it for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks! :)
I think it is so...... but my dealer says that I can?t buy it because the hardware of the radio doesn?t support CarPlay but I don?t believe it! It?s therefore I write here!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts