Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all. with the recent few months of bad snow and rain my drivers side carpet seems to be sodden wet

i took the mat out and dried it. i then dried as much up as possible. i even used a hairdryer

im aware when it gets warmer this will automatically dry

any tips to help out at all. its only in the middle of the drivers side. it feels like the protective bit under the carpet is sodden as well

·
Registered
131 Posts
Apart from removing it, there are a few options.

If it is proper sodden, get as much out by squeezing the area with a sponge, remove as much out as you can.

If it was me, I would then invest in a few big bags of silica gel and leave them tucked in a sensible place for a few weeks. You can buy reusable bags that you can dry out in an oven.

If it is so bad that the windows are covered in condensation from it, leave them open an inch are so if you are able until the worst is gone.

Drive with the windows cracked open, and the heater maxed out, directed at the floor.

Not a quick process, but will get you there in the end.

C

·
0 Posts
Asda do dehumidifyer tubs for a quid get a couple of them in there to help the drying / condensation process

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks all. i was using a tarpaulin sheet on the windscreen when it was icy. unfortunately when it turned to rain it seeped in past the door lol. i have dried it as best as possible. ill try the window open method if it stops raining lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts