Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Simple battery positive in and out with a thin unit earth, like this one on ebay.
Basically having strange voltages on main battery, I'm fairly sure it's not the problem as there is no voltage at output when alternator not running but! I'm getting a 11.5 volt reading from my main battery with ignition on before engine started.
My main battery was bad but I purchased a Yuasa 3 year warranty jobby yesterday, the secondary battery is reading 10 volts at moment so is buggered, I was wondering if it was somehow drawing off main battery when at rest, however as I've disconnected secondary battery and no voltage is coming from main battery through unit at rest.
Going to have to look elsewhere for a drain now.

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
No the relay is only closed when engine is running as you say so it would not be draining your main battery unless contacts are welded closed which can happen if high currents flow

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for reply I have just gone out this morning connected my meter to cigar lighter socket and keyed on, never waited be fore but! if left for a few seconds the voltage comes up to 12.2 so probably don't have a problem.
I'll have to see how things go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts