Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
car 001.jpg pics of car smashed, no more power problems to find.misses got out of this with bad whiplash and torn chest muscles and bad trauma,someone went in to her after falling asleep.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the lady that fell asleep admitted it to police on scene and hospital staff and notified her insurance company she fell asleep,she accepts liability.the mrs is very upset about it as am I but she survived so got to thank the car and her quick thinking to swerve and take impact on side as it would of been a head on.the cars airbags all deployed footwell, curtain and steering wheel and the passenger ones,me thinks bloody good car.we are pursuing for damages to her as our insurance company think the mrs should be compensated for her injurys but I could not care less as I still have the mrs alive that's good enough for me.

C

·
0 Posts
Looks as if the passenger hit the windscreen...no belt?
OOWWCCHH! Glad to hear Mrs is OK! Cars can Be replaced the Mrs Nagging can't Nope not the passenger the Focus Passenger Airbag always smashes the windscreen when it deploys :confused:

·
Registered
464 Posts
407's don't have plastic wings - but this is in the 308 forum so maybe it just looks like a 407 - have to admit, it was my first thought too

Edit - Yup - 308 - on closer inspection, the little eyebrow above the fog is a dead giveaway!

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Pleased to hear that your wife survived. By the state of the car it looks the ford was travelling pretty fast. Follow the insurance advice and go for compensation. Your wife didn't ask to be involved in an accident or to be hospitalised with torn muscles etc. I expect the ford driver will be charged with something like driving without due care & attention if not something more serious.

·
5,040 Posts
I'm pleased your wife got out of this with only minor injuries, couldve been a whole lot worse.
I would advise you get everything your wife gets everything that is due to her compensation wise as she is entitled to it and she's not at fault.

Is your car a write off ?? and if yes have they made there pitiful offer yet ??

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm an x-firefighter and haves seen less damage on cars where the driver has been killed, so she us lucky to come away with the injuries she has.
Look after her, she can't be replaced, but the car can!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think she's had the Gods on her side Shamus1, another 12" and the impact could have proved fatal I fear mate.

Like you say, happy to have her still, so count your blessings friend. x

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have had to take her for doctors/hospital appointments and she is a nervous wreck in the car,she cries in her sleep and is not getting any better,latest she has a chest infection from airbag dust.she has got to have physio on her shoulder and neck and counciling for trauma,car is a write off alright you coulnt fix it if you tried,the other side of the car is all beaten in where she swerved and ended up in a ditch.the other women had nothing at all wrong with her,they say this is because when she fell asleep she was in a relaxed position so wasnt tensing for the impact.its all very upsetting at the moment I have got to do everything around the house and kids to school etc..insurance have just supplied me with a brand new coutesy car,a 308 same colour as ours aswell which really upset the mrs.cant believe how your life can be turned upside down through the negligence of another person,if I have been driving and felt tired I always stop for a break etc..this could of been avoided. many thanks for all you well wishers means a lot.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It's obviously been very traumatic for your Dear wife mate. Time is the healer for sure...
I had an RTA in July 89. Ran off the road at 3am in a country lane, landed in ditch. When me and my mate came around i noticed he had a compound fracture to arm, i soon also realised i had spinal injuries and rib injuries, (distorted rib cage) smashed face and cheekbone. The idiot who was oncoming never stopped, can only think he was a drink driver.

About a year later i was driving again, and got butterflies initially. Was daunting, and I wanted someone sat with me.

I hope your wife makes a swift recovery from her physical and mental injuries, and your life becomes more like it used to be prior to the accident Pal. :thumb:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
it affects everybody, my kids have been great helping out around the house,they were very distraught at the hospital but ok now,poor dog of ours just looks at the mrs looking for her to take him out as they always walked in mornings but she cant hold him,thats upsetting her aswell,she will get there its just very upsetting to see,i get angry thinking about it all to be honest but trying to stay strong and do everything.just waiting for all the s##t to start with the insurance that's another stress to come.thanks fony tony.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts