Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I returned to my car one evening and when i tried to turn the car over it tried but didn't succeed with "Economy Mode Active" immediately when i turned the key to position 2.

I managed to start the car from a friends using a set of jump leads so i drew the conclusion that the battery was kaput.

The following morning i went to the car to get the details needed to buy a new battery (£65!!!), but thought i would try it. It started first time, no problem and has done for the last few days and never the issue has returned.

I tested the battery and when the car is off i see a good 12v across it, and when running i see 14v.

Paranoia has set in now and i feel it will happen again but wanted to gather the collective knowledge as to what the issue may be?

I also have an error on the screen stating ABS / ESR faulty but that could just be a sensor (happened on the last 407 i had).

So, what say you? Car will go onto diagnostics this week at some point.

David.

C

·
0 Posts
You may be one of the lucky few that get an indication that the battery is failing.

When mine failed I still got 12v from it when tested but it wouldn't even attempt to start.

Unless there's a drain on the battery somewhere I'd be prepared for it to happen again and replace the battery.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Hi all,

I returned to my car one evening and when i tried to turn the car over it tried but didn't succeed with "Economy Mode Active" immediately when i turned the key to position 2.

I managed to start the car from a friends using a set of jump leads so i drew the conclusion that the battery was kaput.

The following morning i went to the car to get the details needed to buy a new battery (£65!!!), but thought i would try it. It started first time, no problem and has done for the last few days and never the issue has returned.

I tested the battery and when the car is off i see a good 12v across it, and when running i see 14v.

Paranoia has set in now and i feel it will happen again but wanted to gather the collective knowledge as to what the issue may be?

I also have an error on the screen stating ABS / ESR faulty but that could just be a sensor (happened on the last 407 i had).

So, what say you? Car will go onto diagnostics this week at some point.

David.
I would avoid using jump leads as you can kill your bsi, I would get your battery and alternator tested if they are fine then there could be something draining battery or starter could be on its last legs

1 - 3 of 3 Posts