Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had look through the forum but cant seem to find an answer.The problem is as follows, went to start the car as normal, let lights go off on the dash turned the final phase and nothing i mean nothing happened didnt turn in any shape or form, but mileage and battery light went off.
Tried it again and holding on the final phase it turned over after about 2seconds holding it.
Drove to work same problem in the evening but this time half an hour later not better.Battery seems to be fine as i can turn on full lights etc no problem. Some one said it may be a starter so rocked it in gear and holdin on the final phase keicked in again after to seconds.Seems to ignition switch or something electrical.

Car is 307 HDi turbo diesel 03 any hlp lads very much appreciated before i try to bring to a dealer

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
ae86addicted said:
gonna bring it down to donnelllys today in enniskillen so heres hoping it aint gonna cost too much
Lived in Linaskea myself for a while and i`ve family in Maguiresbridge not far from you i would think.:D

·
Registered
488 Posts
Its a small world...:) ..I'm originally from around 18 miles from Ballyconnell Co.Cavan.....got my tyre from lakeland tyres in Linaskea a few times...always good value there...:cool:

As betty has said it could be starter...maybe check battery leads first...If its the original battery it may need changing...:)
Ron.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers lad went in the confirmed it was the ignition switch but say i need to buy the full barrel at £200 snots.is this really the case can it not be bought seperate

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Would a 2nd hand one and the key blade for it not do the same thing?

Is the transponder thats on the key fob connected to the ignition barrel if so can the barrel be coded with pp?

Risky any ideas?

·
Registered
488 Posts
If you fitted a secondhand ignition barrel door/boot locks and change the guts from your remote inc chip into the second hand fob then it should work.

There is a coil around the ignition barrel that sends the signal from the
keyfob chip to the bsi...the coil is only a sender and will not need to be
programmed.
Maybe price Roy Nixion breakersyard in Linaskea for an ignition barrel door locks etc....if it works out over a €150 for the lot it maybe better go for the new ignition barrel...:)
Ron.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
I`ve never known an ignition barrel to go on one of these ,are they still going to bill you if it doesn`t cure it ,
did they give you a print out of any fault codes ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts