Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys , im after some help please , had a new starter motor fitted 5000 miles ish ago and now it wont start, all i get when i try is a clicking noise . I have checked the fuse no 8 and its fine , do u think the starter motor is at fault ? can i check anything as we need the car for work . many thanks pete.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Hi guys , im after some help please , had a new starter motor fitted 5000 miles ish ago and now it wont start, all i get when i try is a clicking noise . I have checked the fuse no 8 and its fine , do u think the starter motor is at fault ? can i check anything as we need the car for work . many thanks pete.
I would be checking battery connections, engine earth and wires on starter motor along with main fuses under the bonnet

·
5,030 Posts
Battery would be my guess the 407's don't give any indication the Battery is starting to fail out just gives up one day

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok a update , had a friend look at it this morning and we found the starter motor was not fitted properly , it was sparking on one off the nuts that hold it on , all sorted now .Glad it was a free fix lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts