Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is my first post so apologies for any inadvertent faux pas.

I bought a used 107 about a week ago, and have only driven it a few miles. On exiting the car a few days ago, it beeped at me in a way that I thought was new, a sustained warning beep of the kind you sometimes get if you drive without your seatbelt on.

Next time we went to the car, it won't do anything. It's completely dead. The central locking won't work, and the car won't start at all - you turn the key and nothing happens, no lights, no noise, no anything.

I tried replacing the battery in the key fob in the hopes it was that, but that didn't appear to do anything.

I'm assuming this is a problem with the battery, but I know less than nothing, and have had the car less than 10 days.

Does anybody please have any advice? Should I ask the place I bought it from (although pretty sure he's just a one man band and could just ignore me)? Should I ring the RAC? I don't want to start messing with it myself, as I'll just make it worse.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bet you left the lights on and the battery went flat. Get a charger on it and then see what happens
I bet you're right, thanks very much - although we've only taken it out during the day, the car is 'new' to us so somebody, possibly me, possibly somebody smaller and more wife shaped, might well have fiddled with the lights and then not fiddled them back again.

Excuse my ignorance, but how do I get a charger on it? Do I need to find a kindly person with jump cables etc?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Also check you havnt left the interior light on, my 107 once did what you have described above and it turned out to be a dead cell in the battery, you could also check the battery termals are tight on the posts, you should be able to undo the drivers door with your key even if the battery is flat (I can on mine) hope that helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jump cables yes or better still a mains powered car battery charger connected to the battery. Let it charge for a few hours and off you go
Apologies if this is a question too far, but do you know if you can get these battery chargers as solar, that will start a flat battery? The car is a ways away from any mains power, and there are solar powered chargers, but a few I've looked at say they won't recharge a dead battery, they'll only keep topped up a battery that isn't much used.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dont think solar charges will charge quick enough their only designed to keep a battery topped up, you really need another car beside yours with a set of jump leads and get them to leave their engine running for a while with the leads coupled from their battery and to your battery, that will put a good bit of charge into your battery.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dont think solar charges will charge quick enough their only designed to keep a battery topped up, you really need another car beside yours with a set of jump leads and get them to leave their engine running for a while with the leads coupled from their battery and to your battery, that will put a good bit of charge into your battery.
Thanks, that's what I figured - unfortunately I'm going to have to call the RAC or contact a garage, we're quite out of the way and don't have any jump leads. What's doubly annoying is that the chap next door is a kind of handyman with a van, and he's very helpful and knowledgeable, but he just left literally a couple of days ago on an extended holiday.

Anyway, thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Or just buy a new battery fron euro car parts with free delivery and fit that. Should be quite cheap on that vehicle
Thanks, yeah, I just did a little bit of research and the battery would be cheap to buy, but unfortunately I'd also need to buy things like a ratchet, and I wouldn't be too confident of my own abilities - I feel like I'm going to investigate all these avenues, and then find I've exhausted them all and just need to call out the breakdown van anyway! Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts