Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, ive got a peugeot 307 51 plate, 1.4 5 door.

Driving on the motorway, the battery light come on, then everything stopped working, even the power steering.

Got the road recovery out, they couldnt find the issue,

Ive got the car home, had a friend look into it:
The keylight flashes rapidly,
The windows/locks dont work, except drivers door
The engine turns over but doesnt bite

All signs looked like the immobaliser

Weve had another friend over checking the electrics with a probe, unable to get into the ecu programming or removing the fault the get it running. Weve tried changing the cam sensor, changed the battery, changed the ecu, the transponder and the key battery. Still nothing at all. Am i missing something?

Thank you in advance

D

·
0 Posts
Changing the ecu is no good without changing the bsi with it. I think you need to get someone who knows these cars to look at it.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Hi, ive got a peugeot 307 51 plate, 1.4 5 door.

Driving on the motorway, the battery light come on, then everything stopped working, even the power steering.

Got the road recovery out, they couldnt find the issue,

Ive got the car home, had a friend look into it:
The keylight flashes rapidly,
The windows/locks dont work, except drivers door
The engine turns over but doesnt bite

All signs looked like the immobaliser

Weve had another friend over checking the electrics with a probe, unable to get into the ecu programming or removing the fault the get it running. Weve tried changing the cam sensor, changed the battery, changed the ecu, the transponder and the key battery. Still nothing at all. Am i missing something?

Thank you in advance
put original ecu back and check connections to comms unit and check transponder receiver is working or even fit another one

·
Registered
14,641 Posts
Did the battery go flat you say battery light came on if it did you may well have lost your key codes as said get someone who KNOWS Peugeots to look at it it will save you time and money.

Put EVERYTHING back the way it was before they look to save time and aggro

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The battery did die, it has been taken out to recharge. There is a permenant fault, stating the bsi is not communicating with the ecu.

Everything ive ead states that this may be due to the battery disconnection could have reset the bsi coding, does any one know the reset xodes or where to find them?

Thank you

·
Registered
14,641 Posts
As I said put everything back to standard and get someone who knows what they are doing to fix it if it has lost its codes should be no more than £100 for someone to come to you with the codes and equipment and get it running.

Could be very cheap if you have the key codes already :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How can I prepare and get the codes in advance? Were can I get them? My friend has a snap on probe, with a peugeot subscription. Is it a case of getting the default codes for the car model and essentially factory reset it?

·
Registered
14,641 Posts
Snap on is overpriced average equipment and is NOT the best for any brand even launch machines can do more :)

You need the 4 digit code to reset the keys in the BSI you may already have this its on a credit card thing comes with the car most people toss them in the bin though !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts