Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 Peugeot 307 model, cannot start at all, it crank alright but cannot start. after hocking x431 launch scanner to the car, it brought up a lot of permanent fault and secondly the wiper kept swinging on the screen even though i have not touch the control on the steering while, and you cannot put it off as well, and the tail lights are on, when i scan the immo unit, there is no code from there... below are the report from the scan:

*permanent fault communication on the wire data with the top of steering- column ecu.

*permanent fault oil temperature sensor. short circuit to positive.

*permanent fault communication on wire data with the rain sensor.

*permanent fault right side lamp control.

*permanent fault courtesy lamp control.

* permanent fault communication with the airbag ecu.

*Permanent fault communication with the engine wiring housing.

*Permanent fault left lamp short circuit to positive.
permanent fault boot lighting open circuit
permanent fault courtesy light open circuit.
permanent fault the outside temperature sensor short circuit

*ultrasound sensor-- intermittent fault
*remote intermittent fault .absence of communication with the built in systems interface.

please i want to know what exactly could be fault and how do i solve this, what do you think is the main thing that when it is changed or tackle all this will be rectify, i will pay extra bonus to he who gives the best of the solution

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only fault i would be interested with is the last one , you need to check fuses in engine bay ,

MF4 70A +BB BSI power supply +BB-1

MF5 70A +BB BSI power supply +BB-2
-----------------------------------------------------
thank you very much for your interest in part of my problem,
trust me i have had all the fuses checked and all are intact without any break in any of them, the only thing i notice is that some 4 fuses are empty and there is no label in the fuse cover to detect which fuses are empty and what they do on the car... but this has being like that before i have been driving the car, the problem happens of recent while i was driving and all of sudden light begins to blink on the panel and finally when i get home and park, the next day, it finally wont start at all, even though it crank...

with all those trouble d t c codes.... i have fresh battery on the car, thinking it is battery yet , problem persist

·
Registered
76 Posts
Might sound stupid, but have you been tinkering with the cd player at all?

I had exactly the same symptoms on my 206 when I removed an after market cd player to fit the standard one.

Needed the car before I got chance to wire the new one in (all the wires where stripped and connector removed) but for some reason all the strange stuff started happening, just as yours is doing.

Turns out, there is 2 wires behind the cd player that must be connected to each other, else the car has a melt down...:stars:

even recovery could not work it out!

Might be clutching at straws, but it's a thought :thumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have not install any after market gadget to the car, everything is intact and exactly, i said the car was driving before the system begun to gave up warning but i managed to drove it home, when i parked, next day this car wont start again...

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Have you tried a bsi reset

procedure as this may cure your faults:

Put the driver's window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all equipment is switched off.

Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the ignition.

Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait 15 seconds.

Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do not open doors.).

Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.

Switch on the ignition and check system's functionality.

Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.

Remove key open & close door test central locking system.

Start the engine and complete the system's check.

Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many BSI related items.

http://www.bba-reman.com/content.aspx?content=peugeot_bsi_body_control_failure

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you cannot switch any light on, as all the regulars that switchs stuffs on are not working, including the wiper switch, left and right turn switch, headlamp does not come on.. so how do i switch the side light on... please i will be glad if i can have image of the fuse board in the engine bay, and where fuses should be and because i notice some few fuses like 4 are not in there, i dont know if they re spare holes but i checked their terminal holes and there are current flowing through them but there is no fuse, but this has being the way the car was before dirivng all this while, and this issue happened, please what is the meaning of " engine wiring housing" which fuse represent this:

·
Registered
76 Posts
are you able to wind down the window? If so, do the above^^

The idea is that it will reset the bsi, so when you plug your battery back in, it might let you turn your side lights on (to "gently" wake up the bsi again) :nod:

just try it :lol:

Also, I think there is another fuse box inside the glove box on the 307's. Have you checked these fuses?

Might be udner the steering wheel, but im pretty sure it's in the glove box on the 307. Cant quite remember :p

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
you cannot switch any light on, as all the regulars that switchs stuffs on are not working, including the wiper switch, left and right turn switch, headlamp does not come on.. so how do i switch the side light on... please i will be glad if i can have image of the fuse board in the engine bay, and where fuses should be and because i notice some few fuses like 4 are not in there, i dont know if they re spare holes but i checked their terminal holes and there are current flowing through them but there is no fuse, but this has being the way the car was before dirivng all this while, and this issue happened, please what is the meaning of " engine wiring housing" which fuse represent this:
Have you read and done what it says as you disconnect battery first and reconnect before switching on lights please follow instructions .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All fuses under the steering wheel, where the driver legs goes, are all okay, there is no cause for alarm relating to any fuse being blown off.. i have tried to use the scan tool which is capable of erasing dtc from the bsi or ecu but it failed, alerting me that the fault are permanent fault. the key that comes with the car does not have remote buttons on it, therefore asking me to hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds is also another issue here...

·
Registered
76 Posts
That step is only to resync the remote locking if you have it. So not a necessity.

Just follow that procedure, then after turning the side lights on-you can put your key in, turn to ignition and see if your problems still persist.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Might sound stupid, but have you been tinkering with the cd player at all?

I had exactly the same symptoms on my 206 when I removed an after market cd player to fit the standard one.

Needed the car before I got chance to wire the new one in (all the wires where stripped and connector removed) but for some reason all the strange stuff started happening, just as yours is doing.

Turns out, there is 2 wires behind the cd player that must be connected to each other, else the car has a melt down...:stars:

even recovery could not work it out!

Might be clutching at straws, but it's a thought :thumb:
hi m8
which 2 wires should be together
thx
john

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had the same problem with my 206cc

went to start car, engine turning but wouldn't fire up
LCD displays ECONOMY MODE ACTIVE

After a few hours checking fuses and connection looked online for a solution - found a simple one that fixed the problem within 5 minutes

FILL OIL & WATER LEVELS - turned key and started 1st time

Looking into it french cars also have the ECONOMY MODE ACTIVE to prevent the engine being started to prevent damage from low oil & water levels.

·
Registered
253 Posts
The only fault i would be interested with is the last one , you need to check fuses in engine bay ,

MF4 70A +BB BSI power supply +BB-1

MF5 70A +BB BSI power supply +BB-2
Do you think he should check the double brown relay which sits underneath the ECU module?

I have seen many instances where water gets in there and fills which wrecks it causing the non start.

Have you ever come across this on some models?

·
Registered
7 Posts
no relay

there is no double brown relay after 2004.
the model before 2004, there is magneti marelli ecu and brown relay that you mentioned.

after 2004 the ecu is sagem s2000.

i think I will buy a second hand set ( ecu - bsi - key).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi. I changed the ecu and the car has started.

but there still are problems like o2 sensor and map sensor faults.

thanks.:thumb::thumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts