Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a Peugeot 208. I've had it for three years and its always had its services. It's treated me well and have never given problems. Until this morning...

I drove the car on Saturday (everything was perfect, as always), I did not drive it on Sunday (not unusual for me) and then this morning, Monday, the car is dead.

I switched the ignition on and the dashboard lights came on, as usual. But then the notice on my radio says "Economy Mode Active" and when I turn the key I simply get zero response from the engine. I only hear a single click sound when I turn the key.

I switched off, my driver's door was open and the car beeps to tell me that the door is open. I tried to start the engine again and got the same response. I then closed the car and locked it with the remote before trying again. I got the same result.

I have no idea why this is happening and what is the cause AND the solution to this.

Please help me!

·
4,024 Posts
Hi....That problem is typical of a flat/poor battery..economy mode is because there is not enough voltage to make things work...check battery voltage or if its 3/4 years old you are due a repalcement......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts